5 ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need to prepare this insanely easy fudge. These Double chocolate fudge bars make lovely edible gifts for your family and friends under budget. It also makes a rich and decadent sweet for family gatherings or potlucks.
Biting into this decadent fudge is the best thing ever!
Fudges are made a couple of ways. This recipe here doesn’t require a long list of ingredients or a thermometer. You do not have to be a pro candy maker or chef to make this simple fudge.
You can involve your kids in fudge making. A great after school project or make it on the weekend.
I love to make it in the microwave. You may make it in a heavy bottom pan on the stove top too.
This double chocolate fudge recipe uses two kinds of chocolate, white and semi sweet one. As this fudge is made with 2 kind of chocolate and looks black & white , you may name it more fancy- Tuxedo fudge bars.
What makes is easy and rich is the use of condensed milk.
Other add ons are vanilla extract to enhance the flavor and nuts , chocolate chips for some crunch.
For double chocolate fudge all you have to do divide ingredients in two bowls, microwave until smooth and set in the pan . Given below is the recipe with step by step instructions.
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces/ 400 grams ), divided
1 teaspoon vanilla divided
1 cup roughly chopped roasted walnuts
¼ cup chocolate chips for topping
- Line a 7 or 8 ” square pan with parchment paper or wax paper . Double line it for easy removal of the fudge .
- Divide condensed milk in 2 separate microwave safe bowls for melting white and semi sweet chocolate respectively. It is approx 2/3rd cup for each bowl or just eyeball it.
- Microwave semi- chocolate chips and half of the sweetened condensed milk on high for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until chocolate is completely melted. Stir gently until chocolate chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth, then stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
5.Now let’s prepare the next layer . Microwave the white chocolate chips and half of the sweetened condensed milk on high for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until chocolate is completely melted. Stir gently until chocolate chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth, then stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
7. Top it with the reserved walnuts and chocolate chips if desired .
8. Cover it with cling wrap or foil and place it in the fridge to firm up for 3-4 hours.
9. After it is set, take it out of the pan and with a sharp knife cut into squares.
10. Store the fudge in airtight container at room temperature for a week or in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled .
You may add nuts of your choice or even skip it for a smooth finish.
Other exciting stuff that you may add in are rice cereal, cheerios , marshmallows , dried fruits , jujubes , crushed pretzels and so on. You are only limited by your imagination.
You may even stick with just one kind of chocolate.
Remember the ratio is 2.5 cups of chocolate : one 14 oz can condensed milk for soft chewy fudge (I like it this way).
Or go for 3 cups chocolate : one 14 oz can condensed milk for harder fudge .
If you like your fudge tall , simply double the recipe or set in a smaller pan .
Ideally square or rectangle pans are used for fudge bars but round pans make cool fudge wedges too.
Compound chocolate works well too.
Hope you like this easy recipe and give it a try.
Pin this for later.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.