This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SparklingEntertaining #CollectiveBias
Asparagus strawberries goat cheese crostini with balsamic glaze is a super simple appetizer which uses fresh spring bounty and tangy herbed goat cheese . To make it more fancy it is topped with some delicious balsamic glaze. This appetizer comes together quickly and makes a lovely addition to your spring/ summer party menu be it indoors or outdoors.
But why wait for a party ! you can surely make them for your me time snacking or just to spend time with your special someone like I did .
Spring is finally here that means extended bright sunny days. I love to make snacking appetizers for those evening hunger pangs especially when my husband comes home early from office . The days we decide to have a light salad for dinner I make a snack like this to enjoy in the evening. Today it was this delicious Asparagus strawberries goat cheese crostini with balsamic glaze . The earthiness of roasted asparagus , sweetness of strawberries over a crusty crunchy bread with creamy herbed goat cheese and some balsamic glaze makes nothing but a beautiful evening. It’s like an effortless date night for us .To elevate the experience and make it more fancy restaurant like I have paired this appetizer with smartwater sparkling. I always have 2-3 bottles stocked up for moments like these.
We have been a fan of smartwater for a while now and smartwater sparkling is just so amazing. After a long day of work we like to enjoy it with our meal . Just as the name goes “ smartwater sparkling“, it is so much more than normal water. I love that it tastes crisp , pure and has the right amount of bubbles to keep the party going. Unlike spring water smartwater is inspired by the clouds. It is a vapor-distilled water with electrolytes added for taste. Moreover it doesn’t contain any sodium or sugar. How cool is that!
You sure need to try it and do not forget to pair it with smartwater sparkling.
- ½ French baguette, cut into diagonal ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup olive oil or more for brushing
- 4 oz / ½ cup herbed goat cheese
- 10-12 fresh strawberries chopped
- Balsamic reduction/ glaze (optional)
- To prepare asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12-14 asparagus , ends discarded and cut diagonally in 3 “ sticks
- Sat and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Set the oven to broil on High.
- Line a oven safe metal pan with foil.
- Place the cut asparagus , sprinkle some salt , pepper on it .
- Drizzle some olive oil and mix to coat well.
- Broil on the upper rack for 3- 4 minutes turning once in between until they are tender to touch .
- Remove from the pan and keep aside. Sprinkle some chili flakes if you prefer extra heat.
- While the asparagus are roasting , brush both sides of the French baguette slices with olive oil.
- Now in the same pan line the bread slices.
- Broil on LOW for a minute or so on each side until edges are golden and crisp . Keep a close watch to prevent burning.
- Just before serving , place the bread slices on the serving board , spread some herbed goat cheese on it and top it with strawberries and roasted asparagus.
- You may drizzle some balsamic glaze too.
If you aren’t planning to eat right away then broil the bread later just before eating.
You may sub goat cheese with ricotta or pesto.
On my recent grocery shopping at Safeway , I picked up smartwater sparkling located on aisle 2 under water and specialty beverage section.
So are you ready to welcome spring and elevate your day with the sparkling way!
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.