Restaurant style Alfredo pesto sauce pasta is rich , creamy and delicious. An easy restaurant style recipe that you can make in comfort of your home and save $$ on your dinner.
I just realized that I have not been sharing as much pasta recipes as I make. So made a point to click this one as well as note down the recipe as I make it. I love to make this Restaurant style Alfredo pesto sauce pasta because it is hell delicious . It is one of my favorite order at the restaurant. Eat it with a side of crusty bread or just on it’s own .
I can slurp on this bowl all day long. Pasta coated with creamy dreamy rich sauce with crunch of fresh spring veggies makes it a comfort meal.
I love how easy and customizable this recipe is ! You may add seasonal veggies of your choice or completely omit them. Canned olives , capers and sun-dried tomatoes makes a great addition to this dish too.
Alfredo sauce is different from the béchamel aka white sauce. Classic Alfredo is butter , cream , Parmesan and garlic.
This is not your everyday pasta sauce because it is calorie laden but once in a while it is worth treating yourself and your loved ones with it.
Today I have made it with whole milk and heavy cream combination. One of the perks of home-made food is that you can control what goes in and still have a delicious outcome without compromising on the taste.
If you love pasta , do check this wide variety of easy pasta recipes here.
Given below is the recipe followed by possible substitutions in the notes. Hope you give it a try .
- ¼ cup homemade/store bought basil pesto
- 2 tablespoon butter / cooking olive oil/ or your choice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1.5 cups whole milk or more
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Veggies used
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- ½ cup asparagus cut into 2” sticks
- ½ cup bell peppers chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped into chunks.
- Handful of fresh basil for garnish
- 8 oz Spaghetti Pasta i.e half the packet of 16 oz
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package by adding salt to the water.
- If using asparagus or broccoli add it to the boiling pasta 2 minutes before the end of it’s boiling time of the pasta.
- Drain the pasta in a colander , run under cold water to stop it’s cooking and keep aside.
- In a large pan add 2 tablespoon cooking olive oil on medium heat . Once warm add minced garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add onions and peppers . Cook it for 1 minute.
- In the meantime mix the cream and milk in a microwave safe bowl and warm it up for a minute. Alternatively you may warm it up on the gas top in a small pan.
- Add in zucchini and warm cream plus milk .
- Keep stirring well for 10 seconds until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Add in the prepared pesto.
- Let the sauce come to a simmer and then add cherry tomatoes .
- Add in the cheese and stir in until smooth.
- Add in the salt , pepper , dried herbs if any to taste.
- Add in the boiled pasta and coat it well with the sauce.
- Lastly stir in the lemon zest and torn fresh basil if desired.
- If sauce seems less as compared to the pasta you may add few tablespoons of milk or cream.
- Any extra leftover boiled pasta can be coated with olive oil and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Use pasta of your choice
You may use more pesto if desired.
Use veggies like broccoli , mushrooms , sweet corn , peas , canned olives, sun dried tomatoes or capers.
You may add chili flakes too.
Use fresh parmesan and not the jar one. If Parmesan is not available you may add any good melting cheese of your choice or substitute it with 2 tablespoon mayonnaise.
You may only make alfredo sauce and skip pesto . If doing so ,increase the cream by ¼ cup ,cheese by ¼ cup more add 2 more cloves of garlic , add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add ½ tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning .
I have used Barilla pasta.
Pin this for later.
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.