Happy 2018 everyone! If you wish to start this New Year with some clean eating then you should totally try this Instant Pot vegan asparagus broccoli soup with all good for you ingredients. This soup is light on your tummy and gluten-free too.
This vegan asparagus broccoli soup is delicious and filled with robust flavors and loads of veggies pureed until silky smooth.
It makes an excellent side to slurp on with your main meal.
After all the holiday eating we always tend to go back to our soup love . I love to use fresh seasonal ingredients for making soup and this one with asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower is making turns on our dinner table frequently.
Another strong reason to make this soup is making use of Asparagus as much as I can . Though it is available in plenty during Spring , my local store carries it almost all year round. My son isn’t fond of it at all and I really want him to have it. So the easiest way I feel is to hide it in the soup and this trick really works!!He loves it that way. Mission accomplished!
A little bit of fresh thyme elevates the overall flavor. If you do not have it on hand feel free to use any other fresh herbs. Herbs not only adds flavor but they are also very rich in nutrients.
For the silky smooth texture without any dairy cream I have used cauliflower and non dairy cashew milk .
For some cheesy flavor without added cheese I love using nutritional yeast. It comes with tons of benefits too.
If you do not have any above mentioned ingredients on hand make sure you go through the notes for possible substitutes .
I have pressure cooked the veggies in an Instant Pot because I love hassle free cooking. Feel free to use a stovetop pressure cooker or cook in a big pot directly on the stove top.
Instructions for all three ways are mentioned below.
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 14-15 asparagus stems, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3.5 cups veg broth / water
- ½ cup cashew milk or milk of your choice*
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast ( nooch) ( optional – for cheesy flavor)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves*
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano/ mixed dried herbs
- Salt to taste
- Grounded black pepper
- Switch on the Instant Pot on Sauté mode.
- Add oil. After a minute add in the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in all the vegetables and the broth.
- Close the IP lid.
- Adjust the knob to sealing position.
- Manual mode - 3 minutes HIGH pressure.
- Let it naturally release pressure. NPR.
- Once the pin drops, vent out any steam and carefully open the lid.
- Blend everything until smooth with a immersion blender .
- Add in cashew milk , herbs, salt , pepper, nutritional yeast and give it a nice stir.
- You may add more broth or milk to further thin down the soup if preferred that way.
- Give a taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Serve warm.
- You may garnish it further with some olive oil drizzle, chili flakes and toasted pistachios if desired.
Use milk of your choice . ( I love coconut milk )
You may add more liquid if you prefer thin soup.
Skip nutritional yeast if not available. You may top the soup with some cheese too.
If you do not have an immersion blender then after cooling transfer in a food processor or blender to blend until a smooth puree.
For pressure cooking in a traditional cooker on the stove top.
Follow the instructions above and pressure cook up to 2 whistles on medium flame. Let the pressure release naturally .
Proceed as mentioned above for instant pot from point 10 .
For open pot cooking
Add oil, once warm add in onions, sauté until translucent . Then add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add in the veggies and 4 cups broth/ water and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
Blend everything until smooth with a immersion blender .
Add in cashew milk , herbs, salt , pepper, nutritional yeast and give it a nice stir.
You may add more broth or milk to further thin down the soup if preferred that way.
Give a taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly.
You may garnish it further with some olive oil drizzle, chili flakes and toasted pistachios if desired.
Other instant pot soup recipes that you might like-
Pin this for later!
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.