We were craving for a simple and healthy dinner . So the first thing came to my mind is salad.
I just love salads .. any kinds . On the other hand my husband needs a strong reason to have them …lol..
I have to keep it interesting every time with fancy dressings and combinations .This is the main reason for making this yummy easy dip .
This creamy cilantro mint dressing is made with handful of ingredients. It might be easy to make it but its definitely big on flavor.
It’s a healthy and yummy version of spread which goes with about anything.
And so versatile
Use it as a dip, drizzle on salads, use as spread for sandwiches and wraps and so much more…
The best thing I like about homemade dressings is that I have full control over the ingredients . So its preservative free, high fructose corn syrup and artificial color free and I can make quick adjustments to best suit our taste. And it just takes minutes and a blender to make it. No mess fresh homemade dressing every time.
This is how i used this dressing today. A salad put up in 10 minutes.
Filling and wholesome Mexican salad made with leafy lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers , sweet corn and some sprinkle of crunchy tortilla strips.
All I had to do is drizzle this yummy dressing and eat.
And it was fabulous .
even my little one loved it.
Do give it a try -all it takes is 5 minutes!!!
Zesty creamy cilantro mint dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream or hung / thick curd
- 1 tbsp vinegar I have used rice vinegar which is sweeter u can use any other vinegar
- Big Fistful of fresh coriander leaves
- Big Fistful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic grated omit if you don't eat garlic
- Two pinches pepper powder I use freshly grounded
- 1 tsp lemon zest omit if you don't have - but it will give nice character to your dressing
- 1/4 cup or more extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one small lime / lemon - around 2 tsp
- 1 green chilly omit if you don't like the spice
Grind everything until smooth - grind in 30 secs interval .. Grind For 2 minutes in total for the mixture to emulsify and thicken well . Taste test . Done.
Water can be used 2-3 tbsp if you need to thin down the dressing . But oil and vinegar does it for me.. If you won't be storing dressing for more than 4 days water can be used .. Makes around 1 cup
I keep it thick so that I can use it as spreads too . I thin it a bit to drizzle on salads .
Do give it a try and send me your clicks on so that I can feature it on my facebook page – carveyourcraving .