Freshly brewed Citrus saffron herbal tea.
My days are extremely busy. No breather at all . My son keeps me on my toes. Doing daily chores , enjoying activities with my son, driving him around, picking up groceries – I am just all over the place … It feels overwhelming many a times.
There is something about these herbal teas-they are my savior – its such a stress buster for me. Honestly I just make it… put on some good instrumental.. and sip it on my balcony .. its my routine at least 4 times a week . Just calms me down.
It is Plethora of healthy goodness .. rich in anti – oxidants, minerals, vitamins.
It can easily replace your evening cup of tea/ coffee which means cutting down unnecessary sugar, caffeine and calories. If you inculcate a habit of having herbal tea at least twice a week you will soon begin to see some positive changes for sure.
Benefits are plenty :
Easy to make and very flavorful
Radiant and hydrated skin
Overall energy and so much more
So if you haven’t tried it yet , please do.
Herbal teas can be made fresh at home with endless combinations of spices, fresh or dried herbs, edible flowers, fresh fruits , honey ,roots etc .
Every ingredient you use have its own health benefits.The ingredient list is endless and can be miss matched to suit your taste and mood.
I love to play with different flavors but this one is my all time favorite one to begin with.
This one is made with ingredients that can be easily found in every household.. hope you like it.
And if you do happen to make it , don’t forget to click a picture and send it over so that I can feature it on my Facebook page.
Citrus Saffron Herbal Tea
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds or ½ teaspoon fennel powder
- 4 mint leaves
- 3-4 tulsi or sweet basil leaves optional- you can use parsley, rosemary or thyme too
- 2-3 Chamomile leaves/ dried chamomile or few cilantro sprigs will do as well
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon jaggery
- Some Dried Orange peels or 2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1-2 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon jeera/ cumin seeds or powder.
- I have used ½ cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- or you can use orange juice optional
- Place water in a pot for boiling .
- Once it starts to simmer add the ginger until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Switch off the flame after the boil.
- Take it off the gas.
- Add all ingredients except honey and lemon to the boiled water .
- Let it steep/ soak in for at least 30 minutes until the flavors are infused .
- Strain it.
- Warm it a bit if desired .
- Or put some ice cubes if you like it cold .
- Just before sipping taste test and add in the honey and lemon.
- Enjoy !!Its total bliss.
You can use any desired combinations of fresh herbs, dried herbs, water, fresh fruit juices, roots and spices. Do share your favorite combination here so that we can give it a try.
comments and suggestions are welcome