Happy New year everyone . Hope you all had a great holiday. It’s been almost 10 days that I have shared something. I was super busy enjoying the holidays, meeting family and friends , spending time shopping shopping and more shopping, needless to mention feasting on gorgeous foods day and night especially sweets. So I thought now is the time to go simple . So made this quick and easy garden vegetable soup (vegan and GF) which is soul satisfying and light on the tummy. This soup is thick and creamy without the addition of any flours or cream.
Its vegan and gluten free too.
The preparation time is less than 10 minutes and rest is simmering . So if you are still in the holiday mood and do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen , you might want to try it.
I grew up having this simple earthy soup . Being fussy eaters, my mom used to make it for us most of the times. Believe it or not I love to have this soup with rice. Sounds weird according to my husband , but I like it. The best part of this soup is that it is not chunky and you can hide all the vegetables keeping the nutritional factor intact. . So win win if you have picky eaters at home.
This soup is so much more than the classic tomato soup . More variety means more nutrition . And a good way to use leftover veggies lurking in you refrigerator .
What is this soup made
The goodness of carrots, tomatoes, onions , bottle gourd lightly and cauliflower seasoned with herbs and spices makes it soothing and perfect for cold winter evenings .To make it more exciting and healthy, I have skipped the croutons and topped it with quick pan roasted sweet corn and lima beans and baby radish for extra crunch.
A quick tip –
There is nothing right or wrong about this soup.It’s absolutely versatile and you can use preferred veggies and herbs.
Use veggies that you can easily hide in this soup , the ones your family doesn’t like to have and the ones you would like to include more in your diet.
I won’t say it makes up an entire meal , but if you have 2 bowls of this garden vegetable soup , you are sure to keep fuller for a long time.
This soup makes a great side with a light meal, in fact a delicious start to a meal.
It makes a good light snack between meals , great for evening hunger pangs.
It freezes beautifully . So make sure to whip up a big batch and enjoy it on hectic days .
Garden vegetable soup makes a great lunch box too.
Make ahead of time
If you love having soups be sure to check out other interesting and delicious ones by clicking on the one’s below –
garden vegetable soup (vegan and GF)
- 500 grams Carrots
- 300 grams Tomatoes
- 150 grams Bottle Gourd
- 150 grams Cauliflower
- 150 grams Onions
- 4 cups or Enough water to immerse all the veggies.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 ” long ginger chunk
- ½ teaspoon red pepper powder
- 2 pinches grated nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- For topping
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4-5 baby radishes
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup lima beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried herbs of your choice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and Dice all vegetables roughly in similar sizes.
- Pressure cook first 5 ingredients until 3 whistles or according to your pressure cooker instructions. Let the cooker cool down completely. Gently let off excess steam if any after 15 minutes of cooling down. Open up the cooker and grind the tender veggies once they have cooled down . For alternate methods and substitutions refer notes.
- Grind until the vegetables reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pass it through a sieve if desired.
- Return to the pot.
- Heat oil in the pot. Add the grated ginger and garlic and cumin. Saute for 10 seconds. Now slowly add in the soup. Add in salt ,pepper, herbs and spices to taste. Once it reaches a simmer switch off the gas.
- Topping part.
- In a pan , heat 1 teaspoon oil. Sautee the sweet corn and lima beans for 30 seconds on high flame or until they are cooked . Season it with salt pepper and dried herbs. Always undercook for the crunch.
- Wash and thinly slice the radish for garnish and extra crunch.
You can use an immersion blender to expedite the process.
Use desired herbs , spices, veggies and toppings.
Add more water for thinner consistency soup .
Hope you like this recipe and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. If you have tried any of my recipes make sure you click pictures of your hard work and do drop in a feedback below and pictures on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section. You can follow me on Pinterest too.
Do share it with the world !
If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to carveyourcraving on any other platform is a copyright violation. You can always link back to the website.