This post is sponsored by Left Field Farms but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Simple pleasures of life means a good cup of coffee paired with moist streusel loaded coffee cake. Can mornings get better than this???I can’t imagine starting my day without a nice cuppa coffee. Yes morning coffee is a big deal for me but I just cannot drink black coffee . Call me old-fashioned but I like my coffee with little bit of creamer . And a flavored creamer is a plus!!
I love my coffee with simple real ingredients that is why Left Field Farms Coffee Creamer is my go to creamer for a long time now. This dairy creamer is made with real cream and real sugar. I like that it doesn’t have any artificial flavors nor it has any funny after-taste .
I am already enjoying their vanilla and sweet & creamy variety . They are so good !!! In fact I have shared my love for this coffee creamer in the past already. You can check out this delicious Eggless Tiramisu cake recipe here.
Left Field Farms coffee creamer is made with real milk and is Non-GMO Project Verified.
I can now make cafe like coffee at home in a snap without spending $$$ monthly just for a coffee. This creamer is so rich and delicious that I even like to use it often to make desserts . Once in a while I like to treat myself with some coffee cake for breakfast. Today I am excited to share my favorite tried and perfected recipe of a coffee cake with layers of goodness. Moreover this cake is egg free too. Seriously guys !!!! A good cup of coffee and this cake is like match made in heaven!!
This Eggless Coffee Cake might just be the tea time cake that you are dreaming about right now!! It is rich , moist and tender in every bite with a crunchy double doze of buttery cinnamon walnut streusel topping . Furthermore have topped it with an easy 2 ingredient yummy glaze that just makes this coffee cake irresistible. Doesn’t this sound satisfying already!!
A coffee cake is a deliciously tender cake made typically with a streusel crumb topping . This type of cake is served alongside coffee or tea for breakfast . Coffee cake doesn’t require to be frosted heavily. You may choose to have a light drizzle of glaze on the cake but it’s completely optional.
Is there coffee in the coffee cake ?
No , there isn’t any coffee in the coffee cake. It is a cake that is paired with morning coffee or tea. I love to make this simple classic streusel coffee cake not only on special weekends or for brunch gathering but whenever craving for a streusel loaded cake strikes.
This cake is all about the Streusel. Oh I could eat by a spoonful,it is that good!! The walnuts , cinnamon , brown sugar and the butter sums up this delicious crumb topping. You are in for a lovely treat when your coffee cake has a double doze of streusel crumb . Yes this eggless coffee cake is laced with Streusel crumb throughout the center as well as topped with it.
I love to make this simple classic streusel coffee cake to go with my coffee or tea on special weekends or a tea party with family . This coffee cake works great for brunch gathering too .Coffee cakes are an absolute crowd pleaser as well. Other day my husband took it for office colleagues. They couldn’t believe it’s egg free . I made a double batch and before he knew it was all gone .
If you are nervous about baking a cake at home then let me tell you this cake doesn’t require any special skills or equipment. No frosting or special decoration needed to make this cake work .This coffee cake is made with simple real ingredients. No need to unmold it too. Just eat it straight out of the oven . The glaze is optional but the cake turns extra moist and sure looks prettier with it.
How to make a coffee cake ?
Shown below is a quick pictorial step by step of making this Eggless coffee cake.
There are three parts to making this coffee cake –
- Make Streusel topping for the cake.
This coffee cake has double the streusel . One as the middle layer of the cake and one on the top. All you have to do is mix the four, brown sugar , butter , cinnamon and walnuts until the nuts are well coated and the mixture looks like crumbs.
2. Make coffee cake batter.
Sift the dry ingredients i.e flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in one bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, sour cream and creamer until combined well.
Now add this prepared liquid mixture to the dry ingredient bowl.
Press the streusel layer gently so that it settles on the batter well or Use a skewer or knife to swirl the streusel in a bit so that it doesn’t sink while baking.
Scoop the remaining batter on the top as shown in the photo above .
Spread the batter gently without disturbing the streusel layer in the middle.
Now top the cake batter with the remaining streusel mixture.
Use a skewer or knife to swirl the top layer streusel in a bit so that it doesn’t sink while baking.
Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
No need to take the cake out of the pan .
3. Make glaze for cake.
This vanilla glaze requires just 2 ingredients and is a beautiful addition to the coffee cake.
All you need is Left Field Farms Vanilla coffee creamer and confectioner’s sugar plus just 1 minute to make this glaze.
Share the love with your family and friends over a breakfast , brunch or afternoon tea.
How to store coffee cake ?
This coffee cake keeps well up to 3 days at room temperature without the glaze . Just keep it covered all times in an airtight container or a cake box to prevent the cake from drying out.
Glazed cakes should be refrigerated and will stay well up to a week in the fridge.
You may choose to freeze the coffee cake individually wrapped for up to 3 months.
Eggless Coffee Cake Recipe-
Eggless coffee cake with cinnamon walnut streusel topping
For the Streusel
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 rd cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 rd cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the cake
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 rd cup oil
- ½ cup Left Field Farms Vanilla coffee creamer
- ¾ cup sour cream
For the glaze (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Left Field Farms vanilla coffee creamer
- ¼ th cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 8-inch square pan with oil/ butter and dust with flour.
For walnut cinnamon streusel
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon .
- Stir in the melted butter until evenly combined.
- Stir in the walnuts and combine to coat well.
- Set the streusel aside.
For the Cake
- Sift the dry ingredients i.e flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, sour cream and creamer until combined well.
- Now add this prepared liquid mixture to the dry ingredient bowl.
- With a help of offset spatula spread half of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the streusel on top.
- Press the streusel layer gently so that it settles on the batter well or Use a skewer or knife to swirl the streusel in a bit so that it doesn’t sink while baking.
- Scoop the remaining batter on the top as shown in the photo above .
- Spread the batter gently without disturbing the streusel layer in the middle.
- Now top the cake batter with the remaining streusel mixture.
- Press the streusel layer gently so that it settles on the batter well .
- Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- No need to take the cake out of the pan .
- Cool the cake in the pan to room temperature before adding the glaze .
For the glaze
- While the cake is baking combine the creamer with the confectioners sugar in a small bowl and stir it with a spoon until the sugar melts and you get a thick runny glaze.
- Once the cake cools down glaze the cake with a spoon .
- Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.
What are you waiting for ?? Throw a tea party that you always wanted to and share a cuppa coffee , this easy eggless coffee cake and giggles with your bff’s .
If you make it don’t forget to tag me #carveyourcraving on Instagram.
Pin this recipe of Eggless coffee cake for later reference!
On my recent grocery shopping to Walmart , I found Left Field Farms Non-GMO Verified creamer in the Dairy section. There are three varieties to choose from!
Sweet and Creamy, Caramel & Vanilla .Which one will you try first?
Learn more about Left Field Farms here.
Hope you like this easy recipe on how to make Eggless Coffee Cake and give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions below in the comment section. Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder. Carveyourcraving(at)gmail(dot)com .
Happy cooking!!!Do share it with the world!!!Thanks for stopping by!!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.