I have been dreaming about mangoes for some time now. So made this insanely delicious eggless mango marble cake. This one is the most amazing loaf cake that I have ever baked till date. It’s moist and tender without addition of any eggs or butter. It is not just an ordinary chocolate and vanilla marble cake. This simple eggless tea time cake is infused with fruity notes coming from mangoes. A subtle hint of chocolate on top with a delectable crunch from almonds takes this cake to a different level altogether.
I am all set to welcome Spring with this yummy cake that tastes so good without any frosting. A slice of this mango cake is like sunshine on your plate. The addition of chocolate doesn’t overpower the taste of mangoes. Overall this loaf cake will shine bright on your brunch table.
I have been getting lot of requests for easy mango cake from my reader’s from India. This post is absolutely not a planned one but one of the best ones from my archives. I was browsing previously recorded recipes sitting on my laptop and found this gorgeous moist yellow cake with hint of chocolate and almonds gazing at me . And I thought why not share it sooner , so that you start making and enjoy it with the very first batch of mangoes you buy.
If mangoes are not in season you can even make this cake using canned mango puree readily available in grocery stores and enjoy it all year long. ( I have tested this recipe both ways and it tastes great) .
What is this moist Eggless mango marble cake made of ?
Mangoes of course . Previously when I shared this recipe with you in 2016 I used Mexican mangoes that are readily available in USA so it had just a light fresh fruity mango flavor. This time I have used Indian canned mango puree which is available in Indian stores.
The top is rich chocolate batter – wasn’t planned . Chocolate layer was a last minute thing , as my son loves anything chocolaty .He walked into the kitchen while I was prepping up the cake and insisted on a chocolate one , so just topped a thin layer with chocolate batter . And I am glad I did . I thought chocolate & strawberry is the only combination to die for . I was wrong , mango + chocolate is killer too.
Topped with some toasted chopped almonds .Overall this cake is absolutely rich and gets finished in no time.
The best part is it doesn’t requires frosting and tastes great warm – right out of the oven or chilled – right out of the fridge.
This eggless marble cake recipe is absolutely forgiving and sweetness and consistency can be adjusted to your taste.
Step By Step making of Eggless mango marble cake loaf –
Sift dry ingredients in one bowl. Whisk in liquid ingredients in another bowl. Meantime I melt chocolate in the microwave and let it cool down a bit.
Then I mix liquid and dry ingredients and whip them together until lump free.
After that I scoop few tablespoons of batter and mix it with the melted chocolate. I put the mango batter in the pan followed by the chocolate batter. To create a marble effect I randomly run a fork in the center cutting through swirling vertically . Top it with nuts ( optional). and bake it until toothpick inserted comes out clean or with few moist crumbs.
I am not responsible if your family polishes the cake before you can even taste it. Be prepared to make many more and save some for yourself 🙂
Given below is the recipe followed by substitutes and tips . Further queries are welcome in the comment section.
Originally published on March 16, 2016, Updated on April 16, 2019 with better pictures and tweaked recipe for best results.
Let’s make Eggless mango marble cake loaf –
Eggless Mango Marble Cake loaf ( easy tea time cake recipe )
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour / maida
- 300 ml/ 1 ¼ cups aamras/ mango puree * canned or fresh see notes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar can use upto ¾ cup sugar if using fresh mango puree
- 79ml/ 1/3rd cup oil or melted butter
- 120 ml/ ½ cup milk at room temperature
- For chocolate layer topping
- 1/3rd cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoon prepared cake batter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or nuts of your choice
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg c or 350 deg f for 15 mins
- Prepare a 9*5 loaf tin or pan of your choice by greasing it with oil and dusting with flour.
- Line the base with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate with milk in microwave on 50%power or on double boiler , stir until smooth and melted.Keep it aside.
- Sieve dry ingredients in a bowl except sugar.
- In another bowl take sugar and mango puree . Whisk it until sugar lis melted. Add in milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to dry one's.
- Whip it until smooth and no lumps ,approx. 30 secs ,don’t overmix
- Take 4 tablespoon cake batter and mix with melted chocolate well ,keep aside.
- Pour the prepared mango cake batter in the tin top with chocolate cake batter. If you want the marble effect run a fork in the center of the pan vertically down to create swirls.
- Gently tap the pan on the kitchen counter , top with nuts .
- Bake on middle rack until toothpick comes out clean . Around 40-55 mins for 9*5" pan . Mine was done at 48 mins. Timings for other pans given in the notes.
- Insert toothpick at 42 minute mark and check or bake more until the toothpick comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven .
- Let it cool down in the pan for 10 mins then gently run a butter knife to loosen the edges. Invert the cake using oven mitts on cooling rack.
- Carefully unmold it. Peel off the parchment and turn it back right side up.
- Let it cool completely before slicing .Enjoy warm or chilled.
Substitute canned mango puree with fresh ripe mango puree ( sweet and not sour mangoes ) Use vegan chocolate chips and vegan milk for chocolate layer. Other cake recipes that you will love- Eggless Fresh Strawberry Cake with cream cheese frosting Eggless mango cake Homemade cherry cake – vegan poke cake
I would love to hear from you. Love being here , don’t miss a single recipe. Subscribe now – it’s free and get every recipe in your inbox. Subscription box is on the home page and below every recipe post.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to carveyourcraving is a copyright violation. You can always link back to the website.
The old photos clicked in 2016- Baked using 9*5 ” Loaf Pan .
The pictures aren’t that great , it’s a good example how I sucked at photography before blogging. It’s amazing that I have always concentrated on making food and never thought of clicking nice pictures . But my friend , it’s the yummiest mango cake ever. I had posted this in 2014 when I wasn’t a blogger but shared recipes on various facebook groups . Not only me , many of my reader’s have enjoyed and vouched for it .
Pin this for later reference –