This post is sponsored by Left Field Farms, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Can kids eat Tiramisu???? Of course they can when it is made Carve Your Craving style!!!!
This delicious Tiramisu cake recipe is alcohol free , egg free , coffee free and perfect for kids as well as adults.
The classic Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made with ladyfingers (Savoiardi ) soaked in the combination of espresso and some alcohol- either marsala or kahlua . It is then layered with rich Mascarpone cheese, eggs and whipped cream filling.
This tiramisu cake recipe that I am sharing today is a eggless version of the classic . Moreover it doesn’t have any alcohol too. I have kept this dessert kid friendly by swapping coffee with a lot of delicious cocoa. Even though this Tiramisu recipe has so many changes , what doesn’t change is the experience. This unique twist of the classic is creamy dreamy and downright delicious . A perfect treat for the entire family to enjoy together.
Why this spin off on the classic traditional Tiramisu ?
Whatever I make and share with you guys is something that is loved and approved of by my family and friends. And when it comes to desserts a lot revolves around what my son can eat. We met some friends at an Italian restaurant last week. It just happened that they ordered Tiramisu. I had a hard time convincing my 6 year old that it was a alcohol and coffee filled dessert just meant for adults . He was pretty upset that he couldn’t eat that delicious looking stuff! I promised him to make up for it. I told him that I would make Tiramisu at home and he could invite his friends over for some serious treat 🙂 And that is how my friends this Tiramisu for kids recipe happened .
This ain’t an ordinary cake.There is one more twist that makes this cake to die for!!! This Tiramisu cake just got poked with insanely rich and delicious chocolate pudding. There isn’t anything like too much of chocolate is it? The moment you cut into this cake the pudding almost oozes out like a chocolate lava cake . I must tell you this site is absolutely irresistible . It is kind of a little surprise factor for everyone especially for kids who will absolutely adore this sight!
The star component of this dreamy Tiramisu is this 3 ingredient chocolate pudding which takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. You might think making this pudding is one extra step but I strongly recommend making it as this pudding is the heart of this Tiramisu dessert. It won’t take much of your time I promise.
You are only 3 ingredients and 10 minutes away from making this rich chocolate pudding! It is so delicious that it can stand up as a dessert for itself. Gimme a bowlful of this pudding and a spoon and I will be your best friend forever!!
Only 3 ingredients !!!!!! I don’t believe it ?
Yes yes .. you gotta believe it !!! I have used my new found favorite Left Field Farms Non-GMO coffee creamer to make this pudding which is the key for rich and delicious outcome . Have you tried it yet! Oh my .. it tastes heavenly! It is so rich and creamy and doesn’t taste artificial or oily like most of the creamers out there do. After enjoying endless cups of coffees made with Left Field Farms Sweet and Creamy coffee creamer I thought it will totally rock in a dessert . And guess what .. it really did!!!! It has just the right amount of sugar and natural flavor that I need to whip up this pudding quickly.
I like the fact that Left Field Farms creamers are made from real stuff -Real milk , cream and sugar! I like to buy products with uncomplicated ingredients that I can’t even spell. Did you know cows on most U.S. dairy farms eat GMO feed? At Left Field Farms, cows are given non-GMO feed. Left Field Farms is the first national dairy brand to be Non-GMO Project Verified. Real is always good right!!!!
What I like about this Tiramisu poke cake is that anyone can make it. You do not need any fancy tools or be a pro baker to make this delicious dessert.
This eggless Tiramisu poke cake is a breeze to make. It involves 3 simple steps.
– Bake this soft fluffy vanilla cake .
– Poke and fill with luscious chocolate pudding.
– Frost the top with creamy dreamy mascarpone whipped cream and finish it off by dusting the cake liberally with cocoa .
Poke cake might sound fancy. But they are the simplest and delicious ones. Poke cakes make a fuss free dessert that are insanely yummy inside out. I got introduced to poke cake at a pot luck last year and since then I couldn’t stop making it. It involves baking your favorite cake mix recipe , if you don’t have one use mine 🙂 After baking poke holes while the cake is still warm. Drench it with something more delicious like chocolate pudding that I made here. And top it with your favorite homemade or store-bought frosting. You can make it so many ways. If you haven’t tried a poke cake yet why don’t you start with my Tiramisu poke cake recipe .
The beauty of poke cake is that everything is done in one pan. Meaning no unmolding or leveling the cake is required . You don’t even have to worry about the finesse or decoration. Just layer everything in the same pan and walk into the party with confidence knowing that you are going to walk home all empty . You just need to worry about handling all the compliments that you will get at the party 😉
Eggless Tiramisu poke cake recipe – kid friendly & alcohol free.
For the cake
- 1 ¾ all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cooking oil of your choice
- 1 cup yogurt plain unflavored
- ¼ cup Left Field Farms Non-GMO Sweet and Creamy Coffee Creamer
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Mascarpone whipped cream frosting
- 1 cup/ 8oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup / 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectionary sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Pudding
- 1.5 cups Left Field Farms Non-GMO Sweet and Creamy Coffee Creamer
- 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1.5 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup or more unsweetened cocoa to dust on top *
For the vanilla cake base.
- Pre heat the oven at 325 deg F.
- Now prepare the pan by greasing a 7*11 glass pan with oil and dust it with flour. Keep aside.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a big bowl.
- In another bowl whip together yogurt, oil, sugar, creamer, water, vanilla extract until sugar is almost melted and everything is blended well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and whip it until lump free .
- Pour the batter onto the baking dish and bake on the middle rack for 30-32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- As the cake is baking prepare the frosting and pudding.
For Mascarpone whipped cream frosting
- Use a beater attachment or a spoon/ spatula for mascarpone cheese and sugar.
- Use a electric whisk / balloon whisk attachment for whipping heavy cream.
- In a bowl beat mascarpone and sugar with electric beater or with a spoon for a minute until the sugar blends well with the cheese.
- In another bowl with an electric balloon whisk or in a stand mixer whip the heavy whipping cream, vanilla until it reaches soft peaks.
- It will take around 10-12 minutes to do so, so be patient.
- Once it reaches soft peaks scoop around ½ cup of cream and fold it with prepared mascarpone cheese sugar mixture.
- Now add this mascarpone cheese mixture in the bowl of remaining cream and whip until stiff peaks. It will come together fairly quickly like in less than 30 seconds. Be careful to not over whip.
- Refrigerate until use.
For the chocolate pudding.
- Whisk all ingredients until lump free or blend it up in a blender until smooth.
- Now cook the mixture on medium heat stirring and scraping the sides occasionally.
- Once the mixture starts to simmer stir continuously to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- The pudding is done once the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon well.
- It will thicken more after cooling.
- Total time to make pudding should be less than 6 -8 minutes.
Now assembling the cake
- Once the cake is out of the oven let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Now poke even holes with the back of a wooden spoon at equal intervals.
- Let the chocolate pudding cool until its luke warm and not very hot.
- Pour the pudding over the cake making sure it seeps in through the holes.
- Refer to the pictorial above.
- Let the cake cool down completely with the pudding before frosting it.
- Place blobs of frosting all over the top of the pudding layer and spread it with back of a spoon or offset spatula.
- Dust cocoa powder on the top to cove the entire top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours preferably overnight to let it set .
Possible SubstitutesFor the cake -If this creamer is unavailable, then substitute with your preferred creamer OR use the same quantity of whole milk as creamer plus add an extra 1/4 cup sugar. For the pudding part - Replace creamer with full-fat milk or half cream and half milk. Add an additional 4 tablespoons sugar. Taste the pudding and add more sugar if needed. Additional tips - Follow the line up as mentioned for best time management – Bake the cake and simultaneously make the frosting first and then the pudding. The pudding should be flowing consistency as it will continue to thicken after cooling. If it is too thick then you will not get the oozing effect when the cake is cut. Make it a day prior to serving.
Storage and shelf lifeThis poke cake stay well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
On my recent grocery shopping to Walmart , I found Left Field Farms creamer in the Dairy section. There are three varieties to choose from!
Sweet and Creamy, Caramel & Vanilla .Which one will you try first?