Say hello to these Eggless whole wheat strawberry banana oat muffins made without processed flour/ maida , no processed sugar and are butter free . These healthier muffins are Vegan too .
My mornings are super busy and I always prefer grab and go breakfast. Something that is guilt free and healthier of course . I love muffins especially home-made. It makes a great after school snack for kids too. Unlike bakery muffins these Eggless strawberry banana oats muffins are not sugar laden . The sweetness comes from bananas , raisins , fruity spurts of strawberries and very little raw sugar. These muffins are dairy free too , however you can refer to my recipe notes if you want to go all dairy. And the moistness comes from oil and bananas.
Look at this small boomerang video that shows how spongy these muffins are 🙂
I love how these muffins are made with simple clean ingredients found at home and can be frozen for busy day snacking.
How to store these muffins –
As these muffins have fruits in them , they need to be refrigerated. Unlike the buttery ones, the texture of these muffins is super soft and not tough or dry even after refrigerating . We love eating them chilled straight out of the fridge.
These banana oat muffins will stay well up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer. Just wrap individual muffins in cling wrap and place in a airtight container . Thaw desired muffins for 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature before consuming. Do not re freeze thawed muffins.
Strawberries are in abundance this season so I have used them. You can sub them with mangoes or apples too.
These muffins make a quick breakfast or a snack. These healthier banana oat muffins are kid friendly too. It makes a great addition to their lunch box or a healthy treat after school .
Given below is the recipe followed by important notes and substitution.
Eggless whole wheat strawberry banana oat muffins
- For coating and mixing in the batter / topping
- 1.5 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup raisins/ cranberries
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- For making flax seed egg replacement
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoon warm water
- Other ingredients for the batter
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour/ atta
- ½ cup oat flour / grounded rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour/ meal
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium sized ripe banana
- ¼ cup almond milk/ or of your choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ almond extract
- 1/3 cup canola oil/ avocado oil
- Pre heat oven to 350 deg C and Line a standard cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl add strawberries and raisins . Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour and coat well . Keep it aside .
- In another bowl combine warm water and flax seed meal and keep aside until it gels up.
- In a blender/ mixer add chopped bananas , milk , oil , flax seed meal , lemon juice , vanilla , sugar and puree until smooth.
- In a big mixing bowl , sift the whole wheat flour/ atta.
- Add in all other dry ingredients and give a quick mix with a spoon.
- Now add the prepared puree to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well with a spatula or whip it with a hand held or electric whisk .
- Do not over mix. The batter for these muffins have to be thick.
- If you feel that the batter is very thick then add 1- 2 tablespoon milk to get desired consistency.
- Now add in the flour coated strawberries and raisins to the batter and fold well .
- Reserve some for topping the cupcake.
- With a help of an ice cream scooper or a spoon scoop the batter in the cupcake pan up to 2/3 full
- Top the reserved strawberries raisins along with rolled oats .
- Tap the pan gently over the counter to get rid of any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake it in a pre heated oven for 18-22 minutes.
- Check at 18 minute mark. Mine were done in 20 minutes.
To be precise banana puree without liquid added is ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon .
These muffins aren’t overly sweet so adjust sweetness to your taste.
Substitute flaxseed meal with thick yogurt.
Substitute strawberries with chopped mangoes or apples.
You may add nuts too.
Toppings are coated with flour to avoid sinking to the bottom .
Substitute almond meal with equal amount of oat flour.
Oats flour is nothing but ground oats . Just pulse rolled oats in the blender until flour like.
I have used cupcake pan which are smaller than muffin pans.
It will yield 13-14 standard size cupcakes or 8 muffins.
I have used SILK unsweetened almond milk
Sujata Sharbati wheat flour
Bob’s Red Mill’s finely grounded almond meal.
Bob’s Red Mill’s flax seed meal
Chosen Food’s Avocado oil.
Pin this for later.
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog. It’s free!
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.