Buttercream Hydrangeas – looks complicated , but are super simple to pipe . Get your cakes/ cupcakes decorated in minutes with this quick tutorial .
I am a floral kinda person. Flowers make me happy 🙂 Fresh or artificial ones , I love them both and hydrangeas are one of my favorites . They are way too gorgeous . The way they are bunched up in clusters with beautiful , pinks , blues , purples – I can gaze them all day long.
So this time when I baked these super moist vanilla cupcakes- (you can find its recipe here). I thought why not frost them quickly – nothing elaborate and time consuming.
Best part of piping flowers is that they are so easy peasy yet they look so impressive and beautiful , people might think you have spent hours making these beauties.
The cupcakes below were made last year .
These ones are made using this fabulous eggless and decadent chocolate cupcake recipe ( click here for the recipe )
perfect for beginners
super quick and easy
beautiful and impressive
I have used Wilton 2 D tip which is a closed star tip to make these beautiful Hydrangeas and the same nozzle /tip to quick frost a rose swirl – as my son demanded for a rose 🙂
Step by Step how to pipe Buttercream Hydrangeas
I have used americolor gel colors violet and teal. You can use any colors.
- Set up the piping bag with close star tip / wilton 2d tip
- Fill in the piping bag with color you want on the outside – i have picked violet
- Just press the bag flat so that the violet frosting is spread evenly
4. Open up the bag and you will find violet frosting sticking on the sides .
Now scoop in the other color in the center . I have used teal as the center shade. This step is not there in the picture.
5. Now squeeze some frosting in the bowl until you see two tone colors piped out.
6. Now you are all set to pipe the cupcakes. Start piping outer circle first . Keep the icing bag at 90 degree angle to the cupcake and squeeze the frosting to form a star kinda petal , gently release the pressure.
9. All petals are not the same so just keep piping confidently and fill in any empty spaces.
Anyone care to pick up a cupcake from the platter 🙂
Have fun with your own color combinations
Suggested ones are-
Pinks and whites
lemons and white
pinks and purple
peach and cream
Packed some for friends too.
They are so simple that you can even involve your kids in making them . If you happen to make them do click pictures and send it to me as a message on my fb page carveyourcraving so that I can publish it here.
If you like this post do drop in your comments and rate this post.
Happy decorating !!