This Low carb vegan coffee almond panna cotta with mixed berry compote might just be the guilt free dessert that you are dreaming about right now.
With less than 75 calories per serving and 5 grams net carbs this recipe will surly rock your world!!!
This Panna Cotta is very smooth , silky and light that no one will believe it is low carb and sugar free.
Hello my lovelies ! How are your New Year goals coming along?
For me , making better food choices have always been on the top of the list.
Being the head of nutrition of my family I constantly try to develop recipes that are healthy and delicious at the same time.
We have a bit of a sweet tooth. On our constant efforts to eat well doesn’t mean that we have to give up our cravings. I am not telling you to settle for a fruit when you crave something sweet.. Duh!!! Rather just try to swap the “ not so good ingredients for you “ for the “ better ones” in a recipe.
This is exactly what I have done here.
Traditional Panna Cotta is made with heavy cream and sugar. If you wish to make it Vegan , Dairy free and Skinny with few calories then you will surly fall in love with this recipe. I won’t be surprised if you swap this dessert for your morning coffee. Seriously guys it is good stuff!
Choosing the right ingredients is as important as choosing the right recipe .
To meet our clean eating goals I am leaning more towards products that are Organic, made with simple and clean ingredients and that are environmental friendly.
For this recipe I have swapped the heavy cream with So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashews and Organic Coconut milk .
Have you tried it yet?
As the name goes So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashews is indeed delicious and simply made with 7 ingredients or fewer with all the flavor .
It is Organic, Non-GMO, Soy-free, Dairy-free and Gluten-free. Moreover it is less than 50 calories per serving. What more could you want?
I have been a fan of the Original So Delicious Almondmilk for my morning coffee. It tastes so good with a dash of cinnamon. So thought why not turn it into a dessert as well.
I love the vanilla flavor for making delicious smoothies and parfaits whereas prefer the unsweetened ones for making desserts or savory recipes like adding to my curries or pasta.
Coming back to this guilt free recipe . The combination of Almond milk with Cashews and coconut milk creates a good balance of creamy yet light tasting Panna Cotta. Feel free to double up the recipe as there will be demands for second helping.
The berry compote adds a refreshing touch as well as adds fiber to your dessert .
Care to have a bite 🙂
Given below is step by step pictorial for making Low carb vegan coffee almond panna cotta with mixed berry compote followed by the instructions and important notes . Hope you like this recipe .
Decide over the bowl, cup or mold that you will be setting the panna cotta before hand. You may set these in a fancy glass if you do not wish to unmold it.
Low carb coffee almond panna cotta vegan gluten free sugar free
For panna cotta
- 1 .5 cups So Delicious Unsweetened Organic Almond milk with cashews divided
- ½ cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 4 teaspoon natural sweetener
- ¾ teaspoon agar agar powder *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mixed berries divided
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon natural sweetener
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon Additional water
For the panna cotta
- In a small bowl whisk ¼ cup So Delicious Organic Almond Milk with cashews and agar agar . Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan whisk the remaining ingredients called for and let it come to a simmer on medium heat.
- Stir the mixture often.
- Once it starts simmering add the prepared agar agar mixture to it and simmer further for 5-6 minutes on low heat. Stir often with a balloon whisk or a spoon.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to catch any undissolved agar agar. This step is important for a silky smooth panna cotta.
- Now pour it in desired bowl .
- Let it cool down a bit at room temperature, say about 10 minutes.
- Now cover it with cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill and set for about 3-4 hours.
For the mixed berry compote.
- In a bowl whisk together 2 tablespoon water and cornstarch . Keep aside .
- In a small saucepan whisk together ½ cup berries , sweetener , lemon juice, water
- Reserve the other half of berries which will be added later.
- Let it cook on low heat until tender for 5-8 minutes
- Mash the berries roughly with the back of a fork or a masher.
- Once tender and bubbly add the cornstarch mixture to it .
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add remaining of the berries and cook for a minute.
- Remove it from the heat and transfer into a glass container.
- This mixture thickens further after cooling.
- Place it in the refrigerator after it comes to room temperature and use it as desired.
- Once the panna cotta is set you may eat it right off the cups. But if you wish to demold it then instructions are given below.
Serves 2 . Nutrition per serving-
Calories – 75 Carbs- 8 gms Fiber – 3gms Sugar- 3 gms Protein- 1 gm
On my recent grocery shopping to Walmart I was glad to find this new line from So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashews in 3 different varieties – original , unsweetened and vanilla flavor in the non dairy milk refrigerator section. I picked up the unsweetened one for this recipe. And if you love savings then take advantage of this Ibotta rebate and earn $1 on your next purchase .
Pin this for later .
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.