This easy moist vegan Apple cake is made with whole wheat flour , homemade unsweetened applesauce and a hint of cinnamon. It makes a great tea time cake to enjoy this fall !! And why only fall , apples are available throughout the year so you have a very strong reason to make it in every season. This easy apple cake recipe is dairy free, egg free made with whole wheat flour . It has no butter , no all purpose flour and made with simple pantry ingredients that you may have at home right now. Want this apple cake gluten free ??? then I have easy fool proof substitutes for you too.
The secret of this moist vegan apple cake is addition of homemade applesauce. You guysss !!!! making Applesauce at home is so darn easy . Here is a quick recipe for it if you are interested. Store bought unsweetened applesauce works great too.Just take a minute and look at the cake photo . It is airy and fluffy without addition of eggs.
There is something about fall !! I feel like baking everyday . And everything I bake needs to have a hint of heart warming spices. Apple and cinnamon are like a match made in heaven. You can add ginger , nutmeg , cloves or even cardamom to this apple cake . Or even chai spice or pumpkin spice will taste great. At least some kinda spice is strongly recommended . It just takes you cake to a whole new level .
This spiced apple cake tastes so good straight out of the oven . A warm slice of this loaf beside piping hot coffee or tea… yummmm . Does life get better than this???
Forget about dressing up this cake with any sugary drizzle or frosting. I am saving you from all that extra work . Simple is beautiful !!! And trust me you will love every bite of this cake .
Ingredients for this moist vegan apple cake recipe –
I have an uncomplicated list of ingredients for this Apple Cake . I made this apple cake with simple ingredients that might be lying in your kitchen right now or you can find it easily in grocery stores.
This vegan apple cake features ingredients like whole wheat flour, almond flour , oil , unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon to name a few.
I have some easy replacements for these ingredients in my recipe notes that will work great too!
I have baked this Apple cake in a loaf pan . Feel free to use one 8 ” or 9 ” round pan for the same . You may even use a 6-7 cup bundt pan to bake this Apple cake.
How to make Moist Vegan Apple Cake –
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE ? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe below to rate!!!
Moist Vegan Apple Cake
- 210 grams / 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 32 grams / ¼ cup Almond flour not almond meal (see notes)
- ½ cup granulated raw sugar or your choice ( not confectioners)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon see notes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 240 ml / 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce homemade or store-bought
- 79 ml / 1/3rd cup Veg oil of your choice *
- 120 ml / ½ cup almond milk or milk of your choice at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar see notes *
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C
Preparing the pan
- Grease a loaf pan or one 8 “ round pan with oil on the base and on the side . Now sprinkle some flour and dust the entire pan .
- Cut a parchment paper rectangle for the base of loaf pan or circle for the round pan .
- Place the prepared parchment in the pan and set aside.
Preparing the batter -
- In a bowl whisk in sugar , milk and vinegar until sugar dissolves fairly.
- Now add in all the other liquid ingredients called for and whip it for a minute.
- In another bowl sift in all the dry ingredients.
- Now pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ones and mix gently with the spatula. Now whip it until the batter is lump free and smooth.
- Whip in a circular motion clockwise. Do not over whip.
- Now pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake it on the middle rack for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean or with few crumbs. ( Not liquid batter. )
- Once baked remove the pan from the oven .
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes .
- Now gently loosen the sides of the cake with a butter knife and invert it on a cooling rack.
- Lift up the pan , peel off the parchment paper and let the cake cool completely before slicing.
- Serve this apple cake warm or cold along with tea or coffee .
Other baking recipes that you will love to try-
Pin this recipe on your pinterest board –
Hope you like this easy recipe on how to make an easy moist vegan Apple Cake and give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions below in the comment section. Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder. Carveyourcraving(at)gmail(dot)com .
Happy cooking!!!Do share it with the world!!!Thanks for stopping by!!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.