I am obsessed with desserts that are high on flavor and low on labor. Hence I am excited to share one more no bake dessert with you today – No bake mixed berries icebox cheesecake. If you decide to skip your dinner and head straight to this dessert I won’t judge you at all 🙂
Don’t you wanna make a cake which doesn’t require baking , which is a no brainer , a cake that can never go wrong, doesn’t have to be perfect and can be made for entertaining a large crowd. These are the reasons why icebox cakes are so appealing. Making this icebox cheesecake is indeed a child’s play.In fact it is really a fun activity to do with kids even as young as 3 year’s old . The sous chef for this project was my son ,who enjoyed stacking up this cake.
What is this icebox cheesecake made of ?
Dreamy luscious layers of fruity cream cheese and heavy cream alternating with homemade jam filled graham crackers.
The preparation time is less than 40 minutes with less than 7 ingredients. Oh what fun it is to see this cake stack up while the flavors mingle and deepen during setting time.
Not over the top sweet makes it more desirable to go for a second or a third serving.
Did I tell you the best part of making this no bake mixed berries icebox cheesecake ?
Well there are 2 great things about this one apart from being easy and a no bake treat.
Firstly , you need not wait for berry season to make this cheesecake. You can enjoy this cake all year round . All you need is your favorite jam/ preserve/ marmalade and you can come up with your favorite fruity icebox cake .
As berries are in season now , I made a quick home-made jam , but feel free to use your favorite store-bought one.
Secondly, this cake tastes great straight out of the fridge. And for an ice cream feel, freeze and serve .
Given below is a step by step tutorial followed by the recipe and tips.
Refrigerate and unmold!
Cut slices with a sharp knife.
Care for a bite!
No bake mixed berries icebox cheesecake - eggless
- For whipping cream
- 460 ml chilled Heavy whipping cream / 2 cups approx.
- 25 grams milk powder / ¼ cup approx.
- 50 grams confectionary sugar/ ½ cup.
- For beating cream cheese
- 16 oz original cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional*
- 25 grams confectionary sugar/ ¼ cup.
- Pinch of salt.
- For folding in.
- ¼ cup homemade or store bought jam/preserves*
- Purple food gel color*
- For the graham crackers layer.
- Graham crackers approx. 35 crackers used. *
- ¼ cup choice of jam
- For garnish.
- Mixed berries
- Some reserve purple frosting.
- In a clean big bowl , using a whisk attachment whip heavy cream , sifted milk powder and confectionary sugar until medium stiff peaks. Do not over whip.
- Set aside .
- In another bowl , beat the cream cheese with sugar , lemon zest and salt until smooth and combined , for 1 minute approx. with a beater attachment or mash up with a spoon .
- Now scoop approx ½ cup of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture bowl and fold it until combined.
- Once combined add that mixture back to the whipping cream bowl and fold both the mixtures well until combined.
- Imagine the cream is in 3 parts , now scoop out one part of the cream for fruit jam /purple layer .
- Add in ¼ cup jam and fold it in until mixed well. The color deepens a bit later in the fridge. Add some purple or pink food color if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes if it’s not pipe able before moving ahead.
- Line a 9* 5 “ bread tin with plastic cling wrap vertically and horizontally with some overhang , pressing it well at the base.
- Divide the prepared cream between two piping bags in 2:1 ratio white cream and purple cream respectively.
- Evenly pipe the white layer first in the pan.
- Spread some jam on graham crackers and sandwich them.
- Now place the crackers gently on the white layer gently not pressing hard.
- Fill in any gaps by breaking few crackers and adding.
- Now pipe in the purple cream layer.
- Repeat layering with the jam sandwiched graham crackers.
- Now pipe the white layer again.
- Finish off by adding one more jam sandwiched layer of graham crackers.
- Tap the pan gently on to your work surface to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Cover the top with plastic cling wrap or foil and place it back into the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- If you want to enjoy it as an ice-cream cake , place it in the freezer after wrapping.
- After it’s set , take it out of the fridge. Discard the top plastic wrap.
- Loosen the sides of the cheesecake gently.
- Place the serving dish on the top of the tin and invert the tin.
- Pat and wiggle gently, it should come right off.
- Now discard the remaining plastic wrap.
- Garnish it with berries , remaining purple frosting if any .
- Cut slices with a sharp knife.
- Serve chilled .
Use cream with 36% or more fat content.
Do not use skim or light cream cheese .
As berries is in season, I have made jam at home .
Use your favorite jam , not necessarily berries.
Substitute lemon zest with 2 teaspoon lemon juice.
Milk powder stabilizes cream amazingly well. Try substituting it with the same amount of cornstarch if unavailable.
If berries are not in season, garnish with fresh fruits, fresh flowers or grated chocolate .
Substitute graham crackers with any other available biscuits, doesn’t matter round or square.
Break some biscuits, add and adjust the gaps if any .
You can use single layer of crackers too.
You may use handheld whisk , will take a bit longer to get the peaks.
You may use back of a spoon to mix the cream cheese.
This recipe can be halved or increased for a larger crowd.
You can add chopped fruits or nuts between the layers.
If using large pans , do not invert , simply cut squares.
There is nothing right or wrong about making ice box cakes , they do not have to look perfect.
Just layer and have fun with it.
In case you are interested in homemade jam recipe the follow the link here – Eggless strawberry ice-cream.
If you like no bake cakes- you will definitely love this –No bake ferrero rocher mousse cake- click here.
If using the above recipe just use mixed berries and half the jam recipe .
If I have missed mentioning anything, drop me a comment below.
Pin this for later.
Hope you like this recipe and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. If you have tried any of my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section and follow me on Pinterest too . Click here to connect on Pinterest .
Let’s be friends on instagram too – follow me here.
Follow me on twitter for latest updates – click here.
Do share it with the world!
If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to CarveYourCraving is a copyright violation. You can always link back to the website.
Thanks for stopping by.