Easy Vegetarian Enchiladas with refried beans & vegetables like zucchini , sweet corn makes a quick mexican meal . Topped with homemade red enchilada sauce , avocado & cheese. These vegetarian enchiladas are gluten free too. Substitute cheese with vegan cheese for a hearty vegan fare. Can dinner get better than this??
Love your leftovers !!!! They make the best cost-effective lunches for tomorrow .
Make ahead of time meals + no cooking early mornings + pre packed homemade lunch + no messy container’s back home = A dream come true!
Want to know how?
I am always up for making meals ahead of time. Seriously it makes life so easy and convenient . Speaking of convenience I am in love with these Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers. If you are looking for an alternative to plastic containers to carry lunch, then these awesome Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers are a must have in your pantry .
I picked them up at my local Walmart using this great saving coupon here.
Unlike plastic, Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers are made with plant fibers and are microwave safe , perfect to heat up lunches.
Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers are very light weight and hassle free.
Best part they are disposable so no more messy containers back home, just use and toss. You can enjoy your homemade meal on the go with ease and no after clean up needed.
Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers works great for packing leftovers for next day lunch .
So today I am sharing my all time favorite make ahead of time recipe with you – Pan roasted veggie beans enchiladas (gluten-free). An ideal wholesome casserole dish for your family which makes a great lunch next day too.
These vegetarian enchiladas are healthy, gluten free and can be turned vegan too. I have made them using homemade vegan enchilada sauce . A delicious combination of protein , veggies and carbs sums up this delicious dish. This recipe needs less than 20 minute prep time and makes quiet a lot of servings perfect for dinner parties and potlucks.
It’s an excellent option especially when you are pressed on time and still want to make a crowd pleaser.
Here is a step by step tutorial on assembling the enchiladas.
How to prepare enchiladas ahead of time ?
You can make the sauce and roast the veggies well in advance.
Hope you like this easy peasy recipe and make it for next dinner.
Recipe for Easy Vegetarian Enchiladas with refried beans & vegetables
Easy Vegetarian Enchiladas with refried beans & vegetables
- 10 six “ gluten-free tortillas*
- 1 can of vegetarian re fried beans
- 2 cups homemade or store bought enchilada sauce
- 1 cup or more Mexican cheese blend
- For pan roasted veggies –
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup bell peppers chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- ½ cup frozen/fresh corn kernels
- Fistful of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder/ paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pickled jalapenos optional
- For garnish/ add on’s optional
- Sour cream
- Chopped avocados
- Start by pan roasting the vegetables .
- In a broad pan heat up some oil.
- When warm add in the cumin seeds.
- Now add in the onions and sautee for 1 minute.
- Once the onions start to sweat add in the bell peppers.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Now add in the zucchini and sweet corn.
- Add in the spices .
- Cook for additional 1 minute.
- Add in the cilantro. Switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool before proceeding to filling.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg C / 180 deg F
- Use two 9*13 pans or a big baking dish to bake the enchiladas.
- Spread some enchilada sauce covering the base of the dish.
- Place one tortilla in a plate. Lightly spread some enchilada sauce.
- Now spoon some re fried beans in the center followed by roasted veggies and sprinkle of cheese over .
- Fold the tortilla and place in the baking dish seam side down.
- Repeat the process with all tortillas.
- Now cover all the tortilla rolls with enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle some cheese on the top.
- You may add in some more sweet corn and jalapenos on the top.
- Bake loosely covered with foil for 20 minutes and additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serve it with a dollop of sour cream , some avocados and chips.
Use tortillas of your choice
If vegan, use vegan cheese and skip sour cream .
You can enjoy these enchiladas with guacamole or salsa too.
You may use veggies of your choice.
Homemade vegan enchilada sauce link here.
You can half or increase the recipe as needed.
Let’s dig in.
If it’s a casserole dish and making a big batch , there has to be leftovers . And I personally like to have some left so that my next day lunch is sorted.
With the beginning of school season ,mornings are crazy hectic here. Making breakfast and lunch together early morning gets overwhelming most of the times. This is when I love to have leftovers.
My husband takes home made lunches to office and it saves us $$$ every month . Even if I am not around , all he has to to is grab a Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat container and fill it with leftovers the next morning .Microwave it up for lunch and toss it when done.
We don’t have to worry about heating food in plastic containers. Believe me even after a lot of washing the odor and still lingers and the spices just stain the plastic containers. Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers fits perfect here especially with food involving oil & spices. And very important- no more forgotten or lost precious containers.
I always have them stocked up especially when they are on deals like this one here.
Check these out for yourself by picking up a pack of new Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat Containers at your local Walmart in the food storage aisle.
Bonus! Make use of this coupon to save $1.00 on one pack of Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers.
Do you need more ideas & recipes on making some great meals to go in your Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers then check out more quick and easy recipes like this here.
Are you excited to try them? What will be your favorite recipe to fill these Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat Containers ?
Can’t wait to hear from you, do drop me your feedback .
Hi Khushboo. I simply love your recipes. They’re versatile and at the same time filling, delicious and hearty. I had a couple of doubts.
1) I live in India, so can you tell me what’s Mexican cheese blend or what’s a substitute for it?
2) My OTG gave up before the lockdown began. Can I make these in kadhai? If so, can you please tell me how?
Looking forward to your response.
Hello Saloni, thank you! I have never made enchiladas in a kadai, but bake as you bake a cake. Pre heat the kadai, Salt at the bottom, a stand and place the baking dish on top. Bake covered on low heat on the stove top for 20-25 minutes.
Our family loved these. My kids and husband could not get enough. I used blendtec enchilada sauce recipe, a little bit of cheddar cheese and a little bit of mozzarella cheese, and didn’t have any cilantro or Mex cheese. It was delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
I will definitely be making this again on a regular basis.
I forget to add that I used homemade pinto beans also that I refried with a little bit of onion powder.
Sounds like a yummy meal Melissa!
Hi Khushboo.. Made it at home. It tastes amazing. I usually try your recipes and my family loves them. Remember u put a besan chilla recipe on CAL. I started following u and ur blog.. Love all your tips too.. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. I also like the idea that your recipes do not have restrictions. I check it once in a few days to check for new recipes.. Rishita
Hey Rishita ,thanks for a lovely feedback. I am happy that you are enjoying my recipes. Have a nice day!
This looks amazing.. pinned! Also thanks for sharing about reynolds.. I clicked to get the coupon 🙂
Thank you Lauren . You have a nice blog too. Thanks for stopping by and for pinning 🙂