Are you a smoothie lover.. Then you will fall head over heels for this gorgeous looking power smoothie bowl.
It looks a lot of work but it takes less then 10 minutes and few ingredients to make it.
I love having smoothies for breakfast or as a evening snack at least 4 times a week . And it makes a fabulous healthy dessert too.
Smoothies are most easiest and healthy ‘quick- fix’ meal I can think about.
I recently heard about smoothie bowls and was bowled over by this lovely concept. Smoothie in a bowl means more fun ,more colorful, more prettier, more room for healthy and yum toppings , more delicious , more satisfying – in short a complete meal.
We are hooked on to them for life . Even my son – who is a picky eater enjoys his colorful breakfast bowl .
It comes with all the goodness and nutrition that you require to keep yourself going and stay energized .
Making this impressive and healthy smoothie bowls isn’t rocket science.
All you need is a blender and few ingredients – whizzz everything together and you are done. Seriously it that easy.
And its totally customizable .
There is no right or wrong way of making smoothies.
You can practically mix in anything you think can make up a smoothie and top up with interesting and delicious toppings.
Though you will be seeing many more smoothie bowl recipes from me , today I am sharing a very simple fuss free and one of my favorite blends- i call it as a power smoothie bowl.
With goodness of fruits, milk and addition of super foods – this bowl just makes a fabulous start to my day.
I consider the following whenever I make a smoothie bowl
– base – milk or yogurt or just frozen fruits
– add ons- assorted fruits especially berries
– more add ons if desired – flaxseed meal / silken tofu / oatmeal/ chia seeds/ nut butter/ avocados
– sweetness- bananas/ apples/ mangoes/dates
– some of my favorite toppings – chopped fruits , chia seeds, flax meal, nuts, grated unsweetened coconut, sunflower seeds, cereal, granola , dried fruits and berries, avocados, dates
I like my smoothies thick and creamy. And I love my toppings with different textures .
You will love the crunch and the punch this power smoothie bowl has.
This recipe comes with a goodness of assorted berries, mango , kiwi , banana , almond milk , the super foods – chia seeds and almonds for the extra power and crunch.
Ready under 10 minutes.
Complete and satisfying meal
Hope you give it a try and come up with your own delicious and interesting combinations.
Do give it a try and send me your clicks on so that I can feature it on my facebook page – carveyourcraving .
power smoothie bowl
- For Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries *
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries*
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1- 11/2 cup almond milk *
- for toppings
- chopped mangoes kiwi , strawberries
- toasted almonds
- chia seeds
- Add all ingredients for smoothie and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can add more milk to thin it down or vice versa
- Its done. Taste test. Make adjustments if needed.
- Divide the smoothie in 2 bowls and serve it with desired toppings.
- Told ya, its that simple.
You can skip freezing and use it as it is but the thickness may vary
Substitute almond milk with regular milk / soy milk or yogurt
use toppings of your choice
If you like this post do drop in your feedback and rate this post. Thank you.