Make this Simple Paneer recipe under 20 minutes / veg paneer bahara for your next lunch or dinner. It is prepared with paneer, fresh seasonal vegetables and Indian spices. This dry paneer recipe is quiet different from the routine gravy ones which are loaded with calories. . Its light on tummy without any added butter or cream . You can enjoy this paneer dish for everyday meal guilt free .
Paneer / cottage cheese dishes are one of our house favorite. Its the best thing ever happened to us vegetarians. If you are one u will totally agree. Be it the famous paneer tikka masala, kadai paneer , paneer lababdaar .. the list is never-ending
Paneer and Potatoes are two veggies i can never get bored with . They are so accommodating and versatile . Love it as appetizers, main course and dessert too. Paneer in any form is thoroughly relished by us. Expect a lot of paneer recipes here. Yayyy!!! I am drooling already while i write this post . Yes this is the magic of paneer.
I like to make paneer differently every time because it’s so forgiving and beautifully picks up any flavors and spices you add in.
This time it was veg paneer bahara .. . Yes its a made up name of course .You may call it mix vegetable paneer ki subzi that is not rich and calorie laden like the usual paneer gravy recipes. Its loaded with garden fresh veggies, paneer and indian spices and the addition of mint takes it to a different level altogether . This simple paneer recipe is very earthy and clean tasting.
If you are always looking for twists in veggies in your daily meals without doing elaborate cooking then you are on the right post. This paneer preparation its totally lip smacking which goes well with any kinda Indian breads or plain steamed rice. You can even enjoy it in wraps or a simple toast sandwich. Loads of choices right .
and wait a minute .. did i tell you how quick and easy it is …
20 minutes or may be less than that.
Makes a perfect option for quick yummy lunch .
It’s often my husband’s tiffin which I prepare at 7 am and it’s a breeze to prepare this one.
Perfect for family dinners, making something delicious in a jiffy when you are having guests.
Paneer bahara is a regular feature at my home and this time I made it for dinner with a side of freshly homemade tandoori style rotis on Tawa.
takes less than 20 minutes to cook
tangy and irresistible
VEG PANEER BAHARA
- Everything is sliced length wise
- 2 tablespoon vegetable/canola oil
- 1 cup Paneer soak cut paneer in warm water for 10 mins , drain , pat dry and use
- ½ cup Sliced peppers
- 1 /2 cup sliced onions
- ½ cup steamed peas
- ½ cup steamed sweet corn
- 2 to matoes chopped length wise
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon green chilly and ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoon red chilly powder – adjust to your spice level
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon peanut powder
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 2 teaspoon pudhina powder / 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves chopped
- Regular Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon kasoori methi
- 3-4 tablespoon milk
- Fresh lemon squeezed optional but highly recommended
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium.
- Add chilly , ginger paste , garlic, cook for 15 secs.
- Add peppers and onions, cook for a minute.
- Add spices , peanut powder and salt , cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and ¼ cup water .
- Give it a quick stir and cook for 2 -3mins or until its tender and oil starts separating
- Add steamed peas and corn
- Add milk followed by paneer .Stir lightly as paneer is quiet soft .
- Finally add kasoori and pudhina powder , coriander and lemon.. cook for a minute …taste test. .
I just loved this recipe, it came out so tasty and a new taste too. Thank you. Keep experimenting !
Omg what an awesome recipe! Thanks so much! Love from London
Thats a fabulous recipe…my hubby loved it too..and its so easy to make and so different from the regular paneer recipes…Thanks for sharing the recipe ..Happy blogging!!!
Welcome , Isn’t it .. and light on tummy too .. thanks for a lovely feedback
Wats peanut powder
roasted grounded peanuts 🙂
Super fast and yumm.My 3 year old relished it.
Gonna make it again . Can be eaten by itself , thanks.
Hey Monali , glad to hear that , many more healthy recipes are coming your way , stay tuned
I got to know about ur blog from Nayna Aunty … She happens to b my mums neighbor .. Should say all ur recipes are great .. u hv amazing presentation skills .. m gonna try this soon n u update u .. how did it turn out .. Keep Blogging .. ur doing a great job ..
Thanks nirali , that is sweet of you
Fabulous .. Have made it 3 times now . Thank you thank you.
Thank you so much Khushboo……..