This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and LA MORENA® . All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Heart warming and comforting Vegan Chipotle Jungle curry made with seasonal veggies, tofu and LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. Ready from pan to table under 30 minutes. It’s VEGAN and GLUTEN – FREE .
If you have been following my recipes you know how much I love fusion cooking. I always believe that there are no rules to cooking and mixing stuff. At the end of the day it has to be downright delicious .
This Vegan Chipotle Jungle curry is an exciting fusion of Thai and Mexican flavors. Plus it’s loaded with fresh vegetables and tofu . If you are looking to add more veggies in your diet in a delicious way then you will definitely love this curry.
I would say this curry is a complete package where healthy meets delicious with explosion of texture and flavors.
Fusion sounds interesting , tell me more about it!
Jungle curry is actually a spicy Thai curry loaded with veggies , meat without addition of coconut milk. It’s kicked up with Thai spices and herbs.
Here I have changed things up. To make it more exciting I have given this curry a Mexican touch using Mexican peppers , cilantro , cumin and tomato puree and a touch of lemon plus Mexican oregano. I have used some soy sauce for an Asian feel giving it a balanced Fusion.
Along with the assorted seasonal veggies I have added tofu as protein which keeps this curry healthy and meatless .
Speaking of peppers I would love to share with you one of my must have’s in the pantry and the star of this recipe. Say hello to the gorgeous LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. These authentic Mexican Peppers makes it so easy to add flavor and kick to any dish . And it also imparts a beautiful color which is so important for curries. What I liked about LA MORENA® products is that they are made with natural high quality ingredients , no preservatives.
Given below is a step by step pictorial followed by the recipe , notes and substitution . Hope you will add this curry to your menu for a satisfying and healthy meatless meal for a simple weeknight dinner or any special occasion especially for Lent.
A delicious fiery curry ready in minutes.
Vegan Chipotle Jungle curry
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 10 asparagus stems end trimmed and chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 3 mini radishes thinly sliced
- 4 oz / ½ cup firm tofu cut into blocks or triangles steamed
- To blend into paste
- 2 count peppers from LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce plus 2 teaspoon sauce
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- ½ “ ginger chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar/ agave or sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- ¼ - ½ cup water to adjust the consistency
- Salt to taste
- Couple of twists of pepper
- Fistful of chopped fresh cilantro / coriander
- Press tofu by putting some heavy weight on it to take out as much water as possible.
- Meantime blend the tomatoes , ginger , garlic and Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce until a smooth paste.
- Mix all ingredients called for the sauce with ¼ cup of water initially.
- Heat up oil in a wok / pan on medium heat.
- Once warm add in the chopped onions and a little sprinkle of salt .
- Saute for a minute.
- Now add in the asparagus and give it a quick mix.
- Cook it covered for 2 minutes stirring occasionally .
- Add in the carrots and peppers.
- Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Now add in the blended puree and the sauce mixture.
- Cook covered for 2 minutes .
- Add in the zucchini and radish , cook for 1 minute.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add in the steamed tofu and cilantro .
- Give it a quick mix .
- You may add more water to adjust to desired consistency.
- Serve it warm with a side of your choice of grain or rice.
This recipe spice level is 3 on 5 , 5 being the hottest .
You may pan fry tofu and add.
You may use fresh veggies of your choice like broccoli, cauliflower , snap peas, green beans , bok choy etc.
Store leftover Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce in an airtight container in the fridge until next use.
I stocked up LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo on my recent grocery shopping at Walmart on Hispanic Foods isle.
It is available in 7 oz as well as 13 oz cans. Don’t forget to checkout other authentic Mexican products that LA MORENA® has to offer.
For more recipe ideas and inspiration follow LA MORENA® here. Get social with them here.
Pin this for future.
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.