This creamy tomato sauce Gnocchi is dairy-free, egg-free and so flavorful. It is one of the easiest vegan dinner recipes that mainly uses pantry ingredients. Add your favorite fresh or frozen veggies as toppings for extra nutrition. Ready in under 20 minutes.
My kids love pasta nights. Whenever I make this Fettucine Alfredo, Creamy Spinach Pasta, or Penne Arrabiatta they finish their meal in no time.
Summer is here, which means school holidays, more outside playtime, and less time in the kitchen. We all need a quick dinner recipe to get through the week. Something that everyone in the family eats including the kids. This creamy tomato sauce gnocchi recipe is making rounds on our dinner table more than often now. It is as easy as cooking any pasta and a great way to add variety to your weekly menu.
If you are clueless about what gnocchi is then let me give you a gist about it. Gnocchi is not pasta but small dumplings made from potatoes. It originates from Italy, so many people think it is pasta. I love how gnocchi is as versatile as pasta. That means you can cook it in your favorite sauce or even pan-fry it with oil, garlic, herbs, and cheese.
It mainly uses potatoes, eggs and needs very little flour to bind it. There are many egg-free gnocchi options available in the stores that can make your meal a breeze to cook and you save $$ that you would otherwise spend in a restaurant.If you have never tried gnocchi then this recipe is a good starting point. You should make it as soon as possible. These pillowy soft dumplings coated in a creamy sauce are sure to be your favorite comfort food.
Creamy Tomato Sauce Gnocchi for a win
This vegan gnocchi recipe uses less than 5 ingredients and just 20 minutes from pan to table. Just boil, toss, and done! Did I mention how flexible this recipe is??? You can add more or less sauce, add less cream, or completely avoid it, throw in some veggies and cheese. Add in some herbs or even chili flakes for heat. A perfect impromptu meal that you can make in a pinch.
Time and again we all need a break from cooking from scratch. I do not feel guilty about using store-bought sauces or products that make my life easier. Seriously, there is so much to do at home apart from cooking. Just select quality products and you are good to go! Hope you like my quick weekday recipe and give it a try as well.
KEEP IN TOUCH – Are we friends yet? Let’s connect on Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter. Never miss a recipe. Please subscribe to my blog. It is free! Pin this photo for future reference.
Quick Vegan Meals under 20 minutes that you should try –
Vegan Creamy Tomato Sauce Gnocchi
- 1 package store-bought vegan gnocchi Delallo brand, 1 lb
- 1 jar vegan tomato-based pasta sauce see notes, 28 oz
- ¼ cup Silk dairy-free heavy cream see notes
- 1.5 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend or handful of torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Couple twists pepper
- 1 cup Steamed broccoli optional
- Cook gnocchi according to the package. Do not overcook it.
- Wash 10-15 broccoli florets and steam in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, covered with a microwave safe lid. And it is al dente done without being mushy!
- Meanwhile warm up the pasta sauce, herbs, black pepper in a skillet. Once it comes to a simmer, stir in the cream and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat on the lowest setting, just to keep the sauce warm.
- After cooking drain the gnocchi and add it to the sauce,add broccoli, stir well and taste it.
- If you need salt then add in now and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
- I have used Silk dairy-free heavy cream. It works great! Most of the leading departmental stores like Safeway, Target, and Walmart have it in stock.
- My favorite over-the-counter vegan pasta sauce jar is Rao’s Homemade Arrabbiata sauce.
- Delallo potato gnocchi is made without eggs and my go-to choice.
- If you are looking for a homemade pasta sauce recipe then do try my version here.
- You may sautee or add steamed veggies of your choice. My suggestions are bell peppers, onions, corn, or zucchini.
- Swap the heavy cream with 2 teaspoons of cashew paste and 3 tablespoons of water or use coconut cream.
comments and suggestions are welcome