This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFreeGoodness #CollectiveBias
This Vegan Mango Peach Almond loaf cake is a super easy and delicious tea time cake that comes together with simple ingredients and is incredibly moist and fruity. No one will believe it is egg free and dairy free .
I love to make tea time cakes because they require minimum skill and effort . You don’t have to be a pro cake decorator to make this cake . It’s very appetizing without any frosting.
No butter, no eggs and no dairy … seriously guys this cake doesn’t have any of this and yet it is super moist and soft.
Look at the soft airy crumb . Don’t you wanna dig right in?
So what makes this cake so moist & melt in mouth ?
It’s Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative – one of my favorite on the go snack . Like most of you I too have a busy lifestyle and these individual sized containers makes snacking effortless. I like Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative for so many reasons . I love the fact that even though it’s vegan it is unbelievably smooth and creamy . No one will believe it’s dairy free . Plus is has no high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors & flavors . Moreover it doesn’t contain gluten, carrageenan and casein.We are talking about a real deal deliciousness here which comes with 6 grams of plant-powered protein and has active live cultures . So many fruity flavors to choose from. I am in love with their Peach Mango and Vanilla.
As much as I love it straight out of the container , it makes a delicious base for a quick smoothie or granola fresh fruit parfait . A guilt free snack to curb those evening hunger pangs.
Spring is here and so is the beautiful sunshine . Flowers are blooming and the grocery stores are filled with fresh seasonal fruits. Inspired by the splash of colors everywhere I thought why not bake a moist tea time loaf cake infused with fruity flavors that is dairy free , egg free and refreshing.
For this recipe I have used 2 containers of Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Peach Mango . It made the cake incredibly moist and turned out to be a sweet vegan success.
I wish you could join me for this deliciousness!!!
Vegan Mango peach almond loaf cake
- Dry ingredients-
- 1 ¾ all purpose flour / maida
- ¼ cup almond flour / almond meal
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda / i.e three quarter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Liquid ingredients-
- 1 cup Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon water / non dairy almond milk.
- To mix in-
- 1.5 cups peeled cubed mango & peach
- ½ cup roughly chopped roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- For glaze-
- 1 cup vegan confectionary sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon non dairy milk / water
- For topping-
- ½ cup cubed mangoes
- ¼ cup toasted slivered / chopped roasted almonds
- Pre heat oven at 350 deg F / 180 deg C
- Preparing the pan-
- Prepare the pan by brushing/ spraying the sides and bottom with oil and dusting it with flour.
- Line the pan with parchment at the bottom. This will help easy release of the cake later.
- Preparing the topping-
- In a small bowl ,coat chopped almonds , mango, peach cubes with flour and keep aside.
- Preparing the batter-
- Using a balloon whisk attachment on a handheld mixer or stand mixer cream sugar and Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative together for 30 seconds in a large bowl.
- Add in all other liquid ingredients to it and whisk until blended well for 20 seconds.
- In another sift dry ingredients in a bowl and give a quick mix with the spoon.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and whisk until smooth and lump free, about a minute.
- Do not over whip.
- The batter for this loaf cake recipe is thicker consistency than other cake batters.
- Now fold in the prepared topping.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake on the middle rack for 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes with a few crumbs.
- Let it cool on the wired rack for at least 10 minutes .
- Now run a butter knife around the pan to loosen the edges and invert the cake on to the cooling rack.
- While the cake is baking , prepare the glaze by mixing ingredients called for it with a spoon until thick and smooth.
- After the cake has cooled , drizzle the glaze and top it with chopped nuts and mangoes if desired.
Enjoy it warm or cold .
All purpose flour is used to coat the fruits and nuts so that they do not sink at the bottom while baking.
Sub almond flour with oats flour or cornstarch. As Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is sweetened already , I have used only ½ cup sugar for this recipe.
Feel free to sub raw sugar with coconut sugar or sugar of your choice. If using any other yogurt that is not sweetened add 1/4 cup more sugar to taste. Use any flavorless oil or avocado oil .
You may skip the glaze and topping but highly recommended.
This recipe even makes one 8 or 9 “ cake at 35-40 minutes and 15-18 standard size cupcakes at 15-20 minutes.
This cake stays well up to 4-5 days refrigerated .
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative comes in a variety of flavors.I picked up the Vanilla and Peach Mango Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative on my recent grocery trip to Walmart . These can be found in the Dairy section. I love their strawberry flavor too and cant wait to try blueberry one. Pin this for later .
Smart snacking is very important. So stock on your favorite flavors soon and never go hungry .
Find more dairy free recipes , inspiration and get social with Silk here.
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.