easy vegan coleslaw sandwich bars
Easy to make ,no cook vegan coleslaw sandwich bars is a fun way to satisfy your tummy. A great crowd pleaser .
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 20 -25 bars
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded/grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cream cheese or more if required
- 1/2 cup vegan spread/ mayonnaise or more if required
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice*
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard *
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil*
- salt as required to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Bread slices
In a large bowl , mix in all the sauces, spread and herbs to make a smooth paste.
Now add in the veggies little at a time, fold them in the paste and press down .
Mix it well until they are coated properly.
Add salt towards the end after taste test as the sauces and spreads already have salt.
Take bread slices , cut off the edges if desired.
Now spread coleslaw over a bread slice and cover it with another. With a sharp knife cut long bars or shape of your choice.
Add salt towards the end.
I have used Just Mayo Vegan Mayo.
You can substitute chili sauce with chili flakes or skip.
Mustard sauce is optional but gives amazing flavor to the coleslaw.
If not vegan then substitute vegan cream cheese with regular one , greek yogurt, hung curd or sour cream.
Add herbs of your choice.
Filling stays good upto 3 days in the fridge.