chili garlic noodles / how to make perfect noodles every time
A healthy delicious dinner from cutting board to dinner table within 20 minutes. Better than takeout.
Prep Time17 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 230 grams whole grain thin spaghetti *
- 2.5 cups approx assorted veggies of your choice
- For coating the noodles before frying
- 1 teaspoon veg/ canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder/ paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste be gentle on salt as sauces contains it
- For sauce mix
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder / chili paste*
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar /honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- For frying
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4-5 garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced/ grated fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt to taste if needed.
Boil noodles according to the instructions .
Season it with the coating ingredients mentioned above
In a deep wok or broad non stick pan heat oil on medium high temperature .
Add in the garlic, let it cook for 20 seconds or until little brown , add in the ginger garlic paste, sesame seeds . Be careful as the mixture tends to splutter , cook for 5 seconds.
Add in the veggies. Refer below for order in which veggies should be cooked.
Cook for 2 -4 minutes.Refer to notes for cooking time for different veggies.
Add in the sauce mixture, cook for 10 seconds.
Add in the noodles and toss well until coated.
Serve hot immediately and enjoy leftovers if any later.
I have used carrots, beans , snow peas , onions , bok choy , red bell pepper.
Beans take longer to cook , so added that first cooked it for 1 minute on high followed by carrots 1 minute then onions , bell peppers , snow peas and bok choy for 2 minutes
Used desired veggies.
Use noodles of your choice.
You can use rice too.
Use desired veggies.
Add paneer or tofu for extra nourishment.
Substitute peanut or veg oil for sesame oil.
Be gentle on salt.
Adjust chili sauce to your preferred spice level.
This recipe has spice level 3 on the scale 1-5 , 5 being very spicy.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 88mg | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.7mg