This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and LA MORENA® . All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Heart warming and comforting Vegan Chipotle Jungle curry made with seasonal veggies, tofu and LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. Ready from pan to table under 30 minutes. It’s VEGAN and GLUTEN – FREE .
If you have been following my recipes you know how much I love fusion cooking. I always believe that there are no rules to cooking and mixing stuff. At the end of the day it has to be downright delicious .
This Vegan Chipotle Jungle curry is an exciting fusion of Thai and Mexican flavors. Plus it’s loaded with fresh vegetables and tofu . If you are looking to add more veggies in your diet in a delicious way then you will definitely love this curry.
I would say this curry is a complete package where healthy meets delicious with explosion of texture and flavors.
Fusion sounds interesting , tell me more about it!
Jungle curry is actually a spicy Thai curry loaded with veggies , meat without addition of coconut milk. It’s kicked up with Thai spices and herbs.
Here I have changed things up. To make it more exciting I have given this curry a Mexican touch using Mexican peppers , cilantro , cumin and tomato puree and a touch of lemon plus Mexican oregano. I have used some soy sauce for an Asian feel giving it a balanced Fusion.
Along with the assorted seasonal veggies I have added tofu as protein which keeps this curry healthy and meatless .
Speaking of peppers I would love to share with you one of my must have’s in the pantry and the star of this recipe. Say hello to the gorgeous LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. These authentic Mexican Peppers makes it so easy to add flavor and kick to any dish . And it also imparts a beautiful color which is so important for curries. What I liked about LA MORENA® products is that they are made with natural high quality ingredients , no preservatives.
Given below is a step by step pictorial followed by the recipe , notes and substitution . Hope you will add this curry to your menu for a satisfying and healthy meatless meal for a simple weeknight dinner or any special occasion especially for Lent.
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 10 asparagus stems , end trimmed and chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 3 mini radishes thinly sliced
- 4 oz / ½ cup firm tofu cut into blocks or triangles, steamed
- To blend into paste
- 2 LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce plus 2 teaspoon sauce
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- ½ “ ginger chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar/ agave or sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- ¼ - ½ cup water to adjust the consistency
- Salt to taste
- Couple of twists of pepper
- Fistful of chopped fresh cilantro / coriander
- Press tofu by putting some heavy weight on it to take out as much water as possible.
- Meantime blend the tomatoes , ginger , garlic and Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce until a smooth paste.
- Mix all ingredients called for the sauce with ¼ cup of water initially.
- Heat up oil in a wok / pan on medium heat.
- Once warm add in the chopped onions and a little sprinkle of salt .
- Saute for a minute.
- Now add in the asparagus and give it a quick mix.
- Cook it covered for 2 minutes stirring occasionally .
- Add in the carrots and peppers.
- Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Now add in the blended puree and the sauce mixture.
- Cook covered for 2 minutes .
- Add in the zucchini and radish , cook for 1 minute.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add in the steamed tofu and cilantro .
- Give it a quick mix .
- You may add more water to adjust to desired consistency.
- Serve it warm with a side of your choice of grain or rice.
This recipe spice level is 3 on 5 , 5 being the hottest .
You may pan fry tofu and add.
You may use fresh veggies of your choice like broccoli, cauliflower , snap peas, green beans , bok choy etc.
Store leftover Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce in an airtight container in the fridge until next use.
I stocked up LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo on my recent grocery shopping at Walmart on Hispanic Foods isle.
It is available in 7 oz as well as 13 oz cans. Don’t forget to checkout other authentic Mexican products that LA MORENA® has to offer.
Pin this for future.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.