Welcome Spring with splash of colors on your plate!!!! A plate full of assorted pizzas with a twist that are ridiculously easy to make thanks to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets. #InspiredByPuff
The most awaited season of the year – Spring!!!! It’s almost here and I can’t wait to swap my jackets with flowy chiffon dresses— perfect weather to throw parties and hang out with friends.
Spring also marks the beginning of major celebrations like Easter. It is also the season when a lot of socializing happens – those endless brunches!! I don’t know about you but for me there isn’t a single weekend passing by without catching up with friends or family. I love to host them or we gather at someone’s place for a potluck or high tea. It’s no secret around here that I love easy recipes especially when it comes to entertaining guests or making something for pot lucks. I am constantly on a lookout for recipes that are simple to prepare but interesting. Something that is a crowd pleaser and at the same time effortless. That is my secret of staying sane while being a host.
For this reason I always have Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets in my freezer. These Sheets are so convenient and versatile to use. From appetizer to dessert these Puff Pastry Sheets go from frozen to delicious in no time. Stuff them, cut fun shapes, top them with your favorite toppings or cups for some fancy looking food! They come in absolutely handy when needed. Even the simplest recipe looks fancy when made with these Puff Pastry Sheets. Every time you can use it in a different avatar to impress your guests. These Puff Pastry Sheets are simply brilliant as they do most of the work. So don’t get intimidated by spontaneous get together ,just use your secret weapon- “Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets “.
I made these wonderful puff pizzas last week for a family get together that I hosted. It was a big hit. Hence will be making them again next week for brunch that I am hosting for my girlfriends.But this time I have decided not to make them myself but include them as well. Like an interactive party. If you are nervous about throwing one then why not start from here with this “Make your own Puff Pizza Party “ post.
Pizzaaaaaaa!!!! I haven’t come across anyone who doesn’t like them, have you? So instead of calling for pizzas on your next gathering how about we make some at home. No no … please don’t get nervous now. I am not asking you to slog over making the dough at home. That just spoils all the fun. For once lets ditch the typical pizza. Rather let’s do something different , something wow , something with a special twist. Special recipes calls for a special something. That is why I have used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets instead of traditional pizza base with delicious outcome. My family and friends enjoyed this change and they were polished in no time.
I had made these Puff Pastry Sheets at home once and it was such a tedious task. I spent the entire day making these Sheets. My kitchen was in a mess. I was so tired timing everything and even after slogging over it , it was a major failure…..Sigh!!!!! Not worth your time and effort when you already get these perfected one’s made by Pepperidge Farm.
Let the party begin-
You do not require great culinary skills to make these Pizzas.
Enjoy it for a casual affair or make it to celebrate something special. Either ways they are an absolute winner.
All you have to do is stock up on Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets .
Create a Live pizza party station with your choice of spread and toppings.
Let the guests choose the toppings they prefer.
Watch them being creative and have fun making their own combinations.
These flaky, light and airy golden beauties studded with your favorite toppings are absolutely irresistible.
Today I am excited to share with you few simple recipe ideas for your next spring party that will make it easy for you to put up and memorable for your guests.
Plus a bonus – three of my favorite puff pizza recipes to get you started.
Puff Pizza Party recipes
For Primavera Puff Pizza
- Red Pizza sauce
Assorted seasonal veggies used
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salt pepper
For brushing on sides
- Equal parts of milk and melted butter
For Hawaiian Puff Pizza
- Basil Pesto
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Desiccated coconut
- Sal and pepper
For brushing on sides
- Equal parts of milk and melted butter
- Pre heat the oven at 410 deg F
- Line baking pan with parchment or lightly greased foil.
- Take out the Puff Pastry Sheets from the package.
- Slowly unwrap it . You will notice that each Puff Pastry Sheet is divided into 3 parts for easy handling.
- For puff pizzas we need two equal pieces so just slice it in half right down the middle lengthwise .
- Remember each Puff Pastry Sheet will yield 2 pizza unless you have some other fun shape in mind.
- Now use a knife/ pizza cutter to score a border approx. ¼ “ inside on all four sides.
- Puff Pastry Sheets are meant to puff. But while making this pizza we do not want it to puff a lot in the center. To avoid that prick them roughly with a fork as shown in the picture.
- Lightly brush it with the sauce of your choice , sprinkle some cheese and top it with desired toppings.
- Do not overload the pizza .
- Brush the edges with prepared milk and melted butter mixture. This will give a beautiful golden hue to the pizza after baking.
- Now bake it in the pre heated oven for 10 -15 minutes or until the sides have turned golden brown.
- Carefully take it out of the oven wearing your oven mittens , slice and enjoy!
This is not it. I even have a dessert pizza for you!!!
Naughty Nutty Berry Puff Pizza
- Hazelnut spread
- Strawberries sliced
- Handful of sliced Almonds
For dessert pizza –
- Score ¼” from the edge of the Pastry Sheet with a knife/ pizza cutter ,not cutting through . Repeat this on all four sides and prick the center with a fork .
- Just bake the Puff Pastry Sheet as directed above in savory puff pizza recipe
- Bake it in a pre heated oven for 10 -15 minutes or until golden brown .
- Take it out . Press it down gently if puffed up.
- Spread some Hazelnut spread and top it with strawberries and almonds.
Here are a few tips that I keep in mind while working with Puff Pastry Sheets.
Thaw Puff Pastry Sheets as directed on the package as thawing time may vary.
If I have pre planned stuff , I like to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator.
If you have forgotten to do that, simply thaw at room temperature until the Puff Pastry Sheets unfolds easily , no more than 40 minutes.
If you don’t even have 40 minutes on hand and want them right away then use this New Quick Thaw method-
To thaw in the microwave, remove 1 Pastry Sheet from the box and outer wrapping and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds. Turn the Pastry Sheet over. Microwave for another 15 seconds. If pastry doesn’t unfold easily, microwave for another 5 seconds on each side.
Throughout the preparation the Puff Pastry Sheets has to be cold until it hits the oven.
If they starts to get warm during preparation, stick them back into the freezer for about 5 – 7 minutes or in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Always go light on the sauces and toppings as it can make the pizza soggy.
Pin this for later.
Find Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets in the freezer isle of your local departmental store.
Hungry for more recipes !!!!! then check out these droolsome collection and recipe ideas by Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry brand here.
and Pinterest here.
So are you ready to create wow worthy recipes with ease ? What are your favorite toppings ? Please drop me your favorites in the comments section.
Great idea! Never tried puff pastry for pizza but will certainly give it a go.
Thanks for sharing
We had fun making this
Sounds good Sandy! Thank you for a lovely feedback.
Love this idea of make your own Pizza. I am definitely having these puffs on my birthday. Thank you!
Great Tammy, let me know how did they turn out !
What an idea.. love puff pastries. Will try soon.
I do make pizza with puff pastry sheets but i am tempted to try the sweet pizza…Will try soon with hazelnut spread. Wonderful post as always:)
Thank you Shubha .. the sweet one is to die for!
Just in time for my son’s birthday party in two weeks.
Awesome Shikha, do let me know your experience!
Wow what a fun post. I will try it for a kids play date during spring break . Seems easy! Thank you.
Sounds good Sherry!