This post is sponsored by Vero Gusto, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This Lentil Soup with Chickpeas, Rosemary & Garlic upgrades a soup from being just a side dish to a full meal. A well-balanced comfort meal that will soon be your favorite for meal rotation. Freeze the leftovers to enjoy later.
How are you guys dealing with the new normal? For me, life has become busier than ever!!!! With kids having school online and my husband working from home, I am cooking up a storm in my kitchen. I am leaning towards more meal prep recipes nowadays and it has really saved me a lot of time and effort.
I like to make big batches of soups and stews so that I can freeze it for future lunches. During this unprecedented time, my goal has been to eat as healthy as possible. It is so important to keep our immune system up and going. Being a vegetarian, I am including loads of veggies, beans, and lentils in our diet. Today’s recipe is a delicious way to enjoy them all.
Time is so precious, and anything that saves me even a few minutes I am up for it. Another thing that has saved my valuable time is doing grocery shopping online. Instead of running between isles and looking for stuff, I prefer ordering essentials online. It definitely saves me so much time which I can spend being with my kids or exercising.
I have used Instacart in the past but with all the service charges, markups and delivery fees our grocery bills were unnecessarily soaring very high. Then my friend suggested Anycart.com. It is an online grocery service making it easy and affordable for families to shop for the groceries they need and cook the meals they love.
It has no markups, no service fees, and even offers free delivery to help families access food safely. You can access Anycart.com on any browser with ease. It is an ordering platform that connects you to your nearby participating grocery stores. All orders on Anycart.com are fulfilled and delivered by a grocery retailer like Safeway.
The coolest feature of Anycart.com is that it actually has shoppable recipes. This means you can shop ingredients for the entire recipe in one click. You can shop ingredients for multiple recipes and have one grocery cart to checkout. If you already have a part of the ingredients or need to double up or swap any, it is very easy to edit the cart. Coming up with exciting new recipes to try each week is an exhausting task.
With Anycart.com, you can find recipes to simplify meal planning, purchase, and receive quality ingredients with free same-day delivery or a quick in-store pickup. All of this is done on your computer or phone so you can whip up an elevated meal without stress.
But my favorite part of Anycart.com/@verogusto is the Vero Gusto recipe collection they have curated for busy people like you and me. From delicious mushroom ragout, crispy polenta bites, pistachio spaghetti, there is so much to choose from. Just pick a recipe and in one click everything you need is added to the cart. You can add in last-minute staples as well. I find this such an efficient and time-saving process!!!
The checkout process is so easy. You can choose the delivery method that suits you. Anycart.com allows you to choose in-store pick up from Safeway where you just drive up and your order is brought to your car. Or you can choose home delivery right at your doorstep.
While I was browsing for weekly groceries I discovered the Vero Gusto recipe collection and the Lentil Soup with Chickpeas, Rosemary & Garlic. I instantly felt that this is a kind of recipe that my family will love and guess what, they absolutely did! The recipe comes with easy to follow instructions, step by step videos, and the ingredients are added to your cart in one click. I was so excited that I wanted to make it right away for dinner.
This time I wanted my groceries as quickly as possible so I selected the closest pick-up time and just drove to Safeway, it was the store that fulfilled my order. I called them up while I waited in the car in the designated pick up spot and the order was in my trunk within 5 minutes. Then I got home and started to prepare this soup looking at the easy to follow video on Anycart.com.
It took me just 20 minutes to make a big batch of this lentil soup with chickpea rosemary & garlic. This soup is ready in minutes but it tastes like it has been simmering all day. And my house smells so good. The secret behind deep and robust flavors is this Vero Gusto Sauce by Barilla.
You may think aah pasta sauce in the soup!! I say “Why not?“. Vero Gusto sauce is not just limited to making pasta. I love to use it to whip up quick express meals like soups, stews, and even curries.
Vero Gusto sauce is made in Italy with 100% Italian tomatoes, no added water, and the finest ingredients. It has no added preservatives or added sugar and is gluten-free. I would love to spend all day making authentic Italian sauce at home provided I had the leisure time and access to Italian tomatoes. But none of that is possible so I rely on premium brands like Vero Gusto to bring homemade flavors of Italy to my dinner table.
Vero Gusto has a wonderful range of pasta sauces from Tomato & Basil to Heritage Marinara. If you love some heat in your dish, their Calabrian Marinara will give you that nice kick. For today’s soup recipe I have used Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb Sauce.
The ingredient list includes capers and Sicilian Oregano which really adds a plethora of flavor to this soup without any effort. You can find many more interesting recipes using Vero Gusto sauce with the convenience of shopping recipe ingredients with a single click and a step by step video guide to make an amazing meal on Anycart.com.
KEEP IN TOUCH – Are we friends yet? Let’s connect on-Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter. Never miss a recipe. Please subscribe to my blog. It is free! Pin this photo for future reference. Diwali wishes to you and your family!
Let’s Make Lentil Soup With Chickpeas, Rosemary & Garlic
Lentil Soup with Chickpea Rosemary & Garlic
- 1 jar Barilla Vero Gusto® Sicilian Herb 20 oz
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 Yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 16 oz can Organic Garbanzo Beans Chickpeas
- 2 Qt Organic Vegetable Broth 32 oz
- 15 oz can Organic Lentils Low Sodium
- ⅔ cups Romano Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Basil
- Gather and portion all ingredients.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into slabs and then into matchsticks. Chop into ¼ inch cubes.
- Cut the onion in half and remove the stem side and papery skin. Cut two times into the face of the onion with the knife parallel to the board.
- Leaving the root side intact, slice across the onion. Then cut across the slices to create a small dice.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut the ends off of the celery and chop.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut the ends off of the carrots and cut them in half lengthwise. Chop.
- Pick the rosemary leaves off of the stem and finely chop. Pick the basil leaves off of the stem and stack the leaves with the largest one on the outside. Roll the leaves together and chop them into thin strips.
Make using an instant pot.
- Add oil to the inner pot. Press saute mode. Once warm, add in the onion, garlic and saute them for 30 seconds.Now add in remaining veggies, a can of chickpea and lentils, vegetable broth, rosemary, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Pour in the pasta sauce and do not stir.
- Secure the lid turning the black knob to a sealing position. Cook for 3 minutes high pressure and perform natural pressure release.
- After 15 minutes or once the silver pin drops down, carefully turn the knob to the venting position. Open the lid and add in fresh basil and cheese. Stir the soup. Taste the soup to adjust any seasoning if needed.
Making the soup on stove-top
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over high heat.
- Add the chopped onion. Add the chopped garlic to the pot with the onion.
- Toss in the chopped carrot and celery. Add the chopped rosemary to the soup pot with the vegetables. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Vero Gusto® Sicilian Herb to the pot with the sauteed veggies.
- Pour the veggie broth into the soup pot. Add the chopped potatoes to the soup.
- Add the drained lentils and chickpeas. If you are using dry lentils, you will have to boil in the broth for about 15 extra minutes.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper. Top the soup with grated cheese and fresh basil.
- The soup is so good on its own without adding extra seasoning.
- You may swap chickpea with canned white beans.
- Swap russet potatoes with sweet potato.
- If a fresh herb is unavailable then use the Italian dried herb blend.
- This is a fantastic meal prep make ahead of time recipe.
- It will stay well in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freeze in one-time use portion size freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months.
- Cut veggies into small cubes for faster cooking.
- The soup will thicken as it cools. You may add more broth to rehydrate the leftovers.
- Add a dash of chili flakes if you prefer some heat.
Hope you are all set to save your time and money with Anycart.com & enjoy delicious recipes using real Italian Vero Gusto Sauce. So apart from pasta how will you use it? Eagerly waiting for your ideas in the comment box.
Khushboo – This soup looks delicious and is healthy too. Using pasta sauce to make soups in winter is a quick win for busy moms like us. I can’t wait to try this sauce that is made in Italy. I will let you know how it goes.