Say hello to spring and this delicious Orange Tofu Asparagus which comes together under 15 minutes. Pan fried tofu , asparagus and peppers with citrus scented flavor will add a refreshing touch to your dinner menu. This recipe is vegan , healthy and gluten – free too. The spicy orange sauce is to die for so don’t miss making it. Feel free to add in the veggies of your choice.
Seriously spring how much have I missed you. Finally beautiful sunny days are back. On my recent trip to the grocery store I picked up asparagus and green beans ( a spring staple 🙂 ) Had some orange juice at home so thought why not make a ridiculously easy dinner. Something that is easy , fresh and flavorful. So threw in some peppers , tofu and this stir fry curry was ready in a jiffy. I served them with Pad Thai noodles .
Orange Tofu Asparagus Green Beans
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil/ coconut oil / peanut oil
- 1 finely chopped green chili optional
- 20 asparagus stems end cut and sliced in angle
- 12-14 green beans cut into 2” sticks
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced length wise
- 1 sweet chili pepper sliced optional
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- For pan frying tofu
- 6 oz / approx. 1 cup firm tofu pressed
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- sprinkle of salt
- For the sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice store bought or freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce/ sambal olek
- 2 teaspoon agave/ sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a blender mix all ingredients called for the sauce.
- In a bowl place cubed tofu and add some soy sauce , salt and pepper to it.
- Heat up a wok or a non stick pan with oil on high heat.
- Add 2 teaspoon of oil .
- Place tofu in the pan and cook until crisp on both sides. Keep aside.
- In the same wok heat 2 tablespoon oil
- Add in green chili , asparagus and green beans
- Sautee for 2 minutes .
- Add in the orange zest.
- Add in the bell peppers, sweet pepper and saute for a minute.
- Now add in the prepared sauce mix and cook it for 2-3 minutes until nice and thick.
- Add in the crisp tofu and coat well with the sauce.
- Taste test and adjust the seasoning.
- Add more water if gravy is very thick.
- Serve warm with noodles or rice.
If you have time on hand you may marinate the tofu for a longer time. I keep it this way in the refrigerator overnight sometimes.
You may use veggies of your choice like okra, baby corn , bok choy .
Adjust spices to your spice level.
You may sub tofu with paneer.
This stir fry pairs well with noodles as well as rice.
The gravy thickens after cooling , keep it thin if you are eating way later than it’s cooked.
Make ahead of time tip-
You may press and fry the tofu up to 3 days ahead of time.
Share your love by pinning this post.
Did you know that Pinterest has an exciting new feature . The “Tried it” button that lets you check off recipes that you have tried and leave your reviews. You can leave a special note or add your valuable tip for other readers as well. All you have to do is log into your Pinterest account . You will find a check mark on the top of every recipe or project that you have pinned . Check the ones you are done with and leave a review if desired ?
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Facebook| Instagram | Pintrest | Twitter
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hi! If I make this without much of the chili 🌶, would it sacrifice the flavor? We like things pretty mild/medium. Should I add anything else if I’m making it milder?
Hello Lydia, If you like it milder then adjust chili as per your taste. I do that all the time for my kids. And they slurp the entire bowl. You may use a bit of smoked paprika as it isn’t spicy.
Looks So delicious Khushboo!!! Love it.
Thank you Dhwani .
Looks extraordinary. Will be trying it soon 😊
Thank you. It tastes great too.