Beautiful weather calls for a cup of piping hot soup .
Absolute comfort food for me .
Classic tomato soup is our all time favorite , but thought why limit yourself . Adding few more veggies just makes it more healthier and desirable. Plus its a smart way to sneak in veggies in one’s diet especially for fussy eaters like my son.
This soup packed with essential nutrients ,Vitamins and anti oxidants. Addition of ginger and lemon gives it a beautiful soothing flavor.
I am in love with the color of this soup and it tastes just fabulous.
Liked this recipe?Do give it a star rating in the comments !
Tomato beetroot soup
Adjustable Servings -3 cups
- 1 small beet
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 small sweet potato
- ¼ cup bottle gourd lauki (optional)
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 cup or more water
- 1-2 garlic cloves optional
- Freshly squeezed Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Rock salt
- additional Normal salt
- Finely chopped fresh mint and cilantro optional
- Croutons optional
- Peel the beets, bottle guard ,sweet potato, carrot and dice them
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and ginger
- Pressure cook everything above adding water for 10 minutes or up to 3 whistles .
- You can also boil everything in a pot with enough water on medium flame until tender
- After cooker cools down and the veggies are cool enough to handle , grind the mixture until smooth
- Sieve it with fine mesh
- Add the purée to a pot once again
- add grated garlic , salt , pepper .
- add more water if desired ..
- Taste test .Adjust spices and sweetness if needed. I didn't add sugar .
- Cook for 2-3 minutes .
- Taste test once again .. Before serving squeeze in few lemon drops .. you can also top it with chopped cilantro mint and croutons .. Enjoy
Adjust seasoning to your taste.
Add sugar if needed.
Add sugar if needed.
Tried this recipe?Click photo & send it @carveyourcraving or tag #carveyourcraving on Facebook or Instagram to be featured!
Just went through all your blog pages. Beautiful photos, great presentation and attention to writing. Eager to try ur recipes.
Thank you. Do try Nilu!
loved your blog! looks great!
thank you trupti 🙂