This Vegan chocolate panna cotta without gelatin or agar agar is made with ingredients found in your kitchen . This absolutely easy and sinful dessert is Vegan and gluten free. A dessert that needs less than 15 minutes of prep time, uses handful of ingredients and a dream of chocoholics.
You can never go wrong with this recipe . No great cooking skills required. A no bake chocolate treat for you and your loved ones . I love to whip up this simple dessert when I am pressed on time . And I love how easy it is to make a big batch for a party or potluck much ahead of time. Seriously guys you’ve gotta try this out.
Panna Cotta literally means cooked cream in Italian . And a creamy dessert is surely loved by all.
I get lot of requests to post simple vegan desserts. Something that is dairy free , soy free , egg free and easy.
Something that doesn’t have gelatin or agar agar . I wanted to make a dessert that is fuss free and can be made with ingredients easily available at home or easy to source , so thought why not a simple delicious chocolate panna cotta.
If you are vegetarian and not vegan , meaning if you are fine with dairy then do go through my notes section for easy substitutes.
So what have I used in this recipe ?
I have used Vanilla Almond Silk creamer as the base because only almond milk would be too thin . Almond Silk creamer is creamy enough without adding any dairy cream . Added some cocoa powder , dark chocolate and thickened it with corn flour. I have topped it with some Soyatoo soy whip.. how cool is that , a non dairy whipped topping! and enjoyed with a side of chopped fresh seasonal fruits.
This recipe is very forgiving. You can never go wrong with it.
Like it more sweet then add sugar or couple teaspoon of agave/ maple.
If you do not want it set then reduce cornstarch by a tablespoon and enjoy it warm or cold like a pudding.
Pair it with some delicious ice cream or warm brownies or just load it up with fruits. It tastes amazing either way.
And I have one more amazing and impressive vegan option for you. Fill it in some puff pastry cups and enjoy!
Recipe link for the cups here-
Given below is the recipe for vegan Chocolate Panna Cotta followed by important notes and substitutions. Hope you like this recipe and do give it a try.
Vegan chocolate panna cotta
- 2 ¼ cups Silk Vanilla Almond creamer*
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon corn starch
- 2-3 tablespoon raw sugar *
- 4 oz / half cup unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor / blender , blend 1.5 cups creamer, cocoa , sugar, vanilla , salt .
- In a heavy bottom pan bring this mixture to a simmer on a low medium heat stirring frequently.
- In the meantime blend the rest ¾ cups milk and corn flour .
- Once it starts simmering add in the chocolate and gently stir until melted.
- Once the mixture in the pan starts simmering slowly pour in the corn flour mixture in the pan .
- Stir until thickens and coats the back of the spoon .
- Taste test and add sugar if needed.
- The mixture thickens more after cooling and chilling.
- Transfer the Panna Cotta mixture in a lightly greased glass bowls or ramekins.
- Cover it with cling wrap touching the Panna Cotta and place it in the refrigerator for at least 6 -8 hours to chill or up to 3 days.
- When serving run a knife around the inner circumference of the bowl to loosen the edges of Panna Cotta . Place the bowls in warm water for 10 seconds and gently flip in over on a plate . Give it a gentle wiggle and a tap . The Panna Cotta should easily unmold .
- Top it with a non dairy whipped topping if desired.
- Serve with a side of fresh seasonal fruits or ice cream.
Silk Vanilla Almond creamer already has sugar and vanilla in it. If using some other non dairy creamer without sugar or using milk alternative then add 3/4 cups sugar in total for this recipe and do add vanilla extract.
You may use full fat coconut milk too.
This is a very forgiving recipe measure wise so feel free to adjust sugar to your taste.
Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Refrigerate until served.
You may add cinnamon or some festive flavoring to your panna cotta.
Taste test carefully when warm. Adjust sugar to your taste if you like it sweeter.
You may sub sugar with agave.
You may unmold the Panna cotta or dig in right out of the bowl.
You may even set it in wine glasses for a romantic feel.
For parties or pot luck’s feel free to double or triple the quantity .
For parties you may set the Panna Cotta in large glass containers.
Making it dairy based follow tips below-
Substitute Silk Vanilla Almond creamer with full fat milk .
For extra richness use 50 % full fat milk and 50 % heavy cream combination.
Use granulated sugar of your choice.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence .
You may use semi sweet chocolate.
Adjust the sugar to your taste or follow Easy eggless chocolate pudding/ Panna Cotta recipe link here .
Pin this for later.
Did you know that Pinterest has an exciting new feature . The “Tried it” button that lets you check off recipes that you have tried and leave your reviews. You can leave a special note or add your valuable tip for other readers as well. All you have to do is log into your Pinterest account . You will find a check mark on the top of every recipe or project that you have pinned . Check the ones you are done with and leave a review if desired ?
Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.
Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.