This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers 21+. #TasteIt2BelieveIt #MorningStarFarms #CollectiveBias
Can’t decide between falafel or burger for dinner??? Then how about making this easy Vegan Coleslaw Falafel Burger !!! My favorite high protein falafel patty layered over loads of veggies, topped with super simple creamy coleslaw and tucked between burger buns. Dinner this good is ready under 20 minutes. This entire fare is plant based perfect for everyday meal and a great option for Meatless Mondays too. With so much goodness going on here you will surly not miss meat in your burger.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We are amidst the holiday season. I love having family and friends over for festivities. But let me be honest, it can get very hectic too. All the daily chores , running errands , taking care of the kids and most importantly putting up a delicious meal twice a day can be stressful.
Being a vegetarian I constantly look out for easy healthier plant based meal solutions , tried and tested recipes and quality products to make my life easier. This is the reason I can always count on MorningStar Farms® brand for making meal time a breeze . MorningStar Farms® products always comes to my rescue when I need to put up a delicious dinner in minutes and assured that my family is going to enjoy it as well. They have some great variety of plant based burgers that I always have stocked up in my freezer. I like the convenience of these frozen burgers whenever I am pressed on time.
So when I spotted their newly introduced MorningStar Farms® Falafel Burgers at Walmart frozen foods section I was beyond excited. Guys falafels are delicious aren’t they??? but falafel burger is like taking falafel to a whole new level . None of the local restaurants around serve falafel bugers. So I thought these burgers would make a delicious dinner at comfort of my home.
I am glad that these Falafel Burgers are Vegan and made of 100% Plant Based Protein from Beans & Rice. With 9 g of protein these bigger Quarter Pound Vegan Burgers will leave you satisfied every time. I like that they are made with simple uncomplicated ingredients and are big on flavor too. Moreover they are perfectly crafted and well seasoned without any artificial color or flavors.
As soon as I came from Walmart I couldn’t wait to try these Falafel burgers for dinner. I was so relaxed because I knew it won’t take a lot of time to prep up dinner. As these are novelty burgers – that’s what I call them , I planned to serve them with a gourmet touch . But at the same time I did not want to do anything elaborate or time consuming. So I thought instead of doing the old boring mayo, lettuce tomatoes and cheese lets dress it up with an easy creamy coleslaw . If you are following my blog you know how much I love veggies . So added some grilled eggplant too.The end result was explosion of flavors. This Vegan coleslaw falafel burger has everything – Protein rich falafel patty , loads of veggies, creamy indulgence in a healthier way and my daily dose of carbs from the burger buns. Does al this sound overwhelming?? I promise you it won’t take more than 20 minutes to get this yuminess on the dinner table.
How to make this Ultimate Vegan coleslaw falafel burger under 20 minutes –
The secret to a great burger is to start with an awesome burger patty.With MorningStar Farms® Falafel Burgers you are assured that it’s going to be great.
Every pack contains 4 quarter pound falafel burger patty. These Falafel Burgers are great grilled .
- So I switch on my indoor grill on 400 deg F and let it warm up for 10 minutes.
- Meantime I slice up an eggplant , brush it with oil on both sides and season it with paprika , pepper and salt.
- Once the grill is hot I place the eggplants to grill on one side and cook burgers at the same time – each side for 4-5 minutes . See how beautifully they grill without falling apart.
- Alternatively you may cook them on a skillet or even microwave them as per the instructions mentioned on the package.
While these are grilling up I quickly make the coleslaw . It takes less than 5 minutes to make it and then slice the tomatoes and tear up the lettuce. This way everything is ready to go on the dinner table under 20 minutes.
Why you should try these burgers?
Burgers are loved by everyone. Being a crowd pleaser it seamlessly fits into any occasion. Be it an everyday meal , an impromptu get together or a surprise visit by a friend. Bbq parties , summer grilling , birthdays or watching football burgers are always a hit . I like that MorningStar Farms has an interesting variety of plant based products to offer . Their Tex-Mex Burgers and Falafel Burgers are already our house favorite. These products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone! If you are on a lookout for plant based options to make your life easier then you gotta try these burgers.
Steps and recipe for Vegan coleslaw falafel burger –
Vegan Coleslaw Falafel Burger
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Falafel Burgers
- Large Burger buns
For grilling eggplant
- 1 large eggplant
- Cooking oil
- Smoked paprika optional
For vegan coleslaw
- 2 cups coleslaw salad blend
- 1 cup coconut yogurt/ or your choice yogurt alternative *
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley optional
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice/ vinegar
- Dash of hot sauce optional
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Cleaned Lettuce leaves
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Prepare the Falafel Burgers according to the package over the grill or skillet.
- I switch on my indoor grill on 400 deg F and let it warm up for 10 minutes.
Meantime prepare the eggplant .
- Rinse the eggplant well and pat it dry. Cut off the stem and discard .
- Slice up an eggplant rounds with ½” thickness , brush each round with oil on both sides and season it with paprika , pepper and salt.
- Once the grill is hot I place the eggplants to grill on one side and cook burgers at the same time on another side .
- Grill on each side for 4-5 minutes or until the eggplant is tender and the burgers are done.
- For vegan coleslaw
- In a bowl whisk in everything called for the coleslaw. Give it a taste test and adjust seasoning if desired.
Preparing the burger
- You may choose to warm up the buns on the grill or serve as is.
- First place the bottom bun . Then top it with lettuce , tomatoes , Falafel burger.
- Now layer it with grilled eggplant and generous amount of coleslaw.
- Now top it with the bun and secure with a toothpick or cocktail stick if desired.
On my recent grocery shopping at walmart I picked up MorningStar Farms Falafel Burgers at the frozen foods section.
Pin this recipe to your Pinterest board for future reference.
Hope you like this easy recipe on how to make Vegan Coleslaw Falafel Burger and give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions below in the comment section. Never miss a recipe . If you like being here do subscribe to my blog.Make sure you have us in your contact list so that the recipe does not land in spam folder. Carveyourcraving(at)gmail(dot)com . Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-Facebook| Instagram | Pintrest | Twitter
Happy cooking!!!Do share it with the world!!!Thanks for stopping by!!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVE YOUR CRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
I am loving this burger recipe. I made it this New Year’s Eve Party celebration. My kids love it and they won’t stop eating. Thanks for this. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Xoxo.
I am glad you liked it Jennifer.
Perfect recipe for vegans..morning star is such a great find. Can’t wait to try it/
Loved the vegan coleslaw burger 🍔!!!’ It was delicious…
I like Morning star veggie burgers. Can’t wait to try the falafel one. The addition of coleslaw is so refreshing!
Hi thats a great recipe , cannot wait to try . But before that ,could u please share recipe of colesaw , vegan or non-vegan anything would be ok 😊
Thank you!Recipe of coleslaw is already in the post. Please go through the recipe card.