This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
Pasta night is everyone’s favorite and today I am sharing a dang good pasta recipe with you that is smartly loaded with veggies and takes under 30 minutes from the pot to the plate.
While planning the meals , I constantly think about increasing vegetable servings especially with picky eaters at home.
You know how much I love sneaking veggies in my meals right , thanks to Barilla® Veggie pasta for making my job effortless .
Barilla® Veggie pasta is made with seasonal vegetable puree and the one here is made with 25% purée from real tomatoes and carrots. It offers full serving of vegetables per 3.5 oz portion . How smart is that!
It’s delicious on it’s own. Some salt, pepper ,olive oil and it’s good to go . My son loves it this way in his lunch box. For all you busy parents out there Barilla® veggie pasta makes a super quick option indeed for packing hassle free school lunches.
Look how gorgeous the bowl looks even before the sauce is added.
And for dinner time you can get more fancy by adding your favorite sauce.
Fall is here and we are all set for falling leaves , beautiful hues , lots and lots of comfort food .
Speaking of comfort food , a bowl of piping hot pasta with utterly butterly delicious sauce is all I need right now.
As it’s fall, I have tossed the veggie pasta in the most awaited pasta sauce of the season – butternut squash sauce , making it a true veggie boosting pasta recipe.
This creamy dreamy sauce without added cheese or cream comes together with handful of ingredients and under 30 minutes. It’s a smart comfort food option without loaded calories.
There is something magical about butternut squash . It’s so rich and creamy on it’s own. Sweeter in taste and full of fiber and nutrition . Making this sauce is very easy. I have skipped oven roasting the butternut squash and speeding up the process by pan roasting the ingredients. Once everything is tender just blitz it with milk to form a silky smooth purée , add in salt , pepper and herbs and voila a delicious sauce is ready to go with the extra delicious veggie pasta.
Really no cream needed.
Below is an easy step by step pictorial –
In addition to the sauce ,you may throw in your favorite veggies , top it with a generous sprinkle of cheese and nuts , curl up on your couch and enjoy this absolute comfort food.
Barilla veggie pasta are available in other fun shapes too. All you need to do is visit your local Target store which is one stop for all your necessities and stock up on your favorite pasta box .And don’t forget to checkout the other Barilla pasta products available . We are already in love with the Barilla veggie pasta and whole grain spaghetti.
I have two delicious recipes using Barilla whole grain spaghetti already on my blog which I will link at the end of this post.
I am so looking forward to try their pronto pasta too – no boiling required which is perfect for one pot hassle free meal.
Take advantage of this wonderful Cartwheel Offer (expires 10/29) offer and save today – click here .
You can browse all Barilla products right away with a single click here .
Make sure you follow them for interesting food ideas and recipes to make your mealtime a breeze.
Tips on preparing butternut squash
You can cut butternut squash in cubes well in advance and freeze them like I did . It will save a lot of time.
Or you can skip all the hassle by buying pre-cut squash fresh or frozen .
Vegan Creamy butternut squash sauce pasta
- 1 package of Barilla® Veggie pasta
- For preparing the sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking olive oil
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cup soy milk/ milk of your choice
- For tossing the pasta
- 1 tablespoon cooking olive oil / oil of your choice
- 1 cup broccoli florets/ veggies of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb
- Sat to taste
- Couple of twists of pepper/ ¼ teaspoon grounded pepper
- For topping
- Fistful of fresh basil torn roughly
- ¼ cup grated vegan cheese/ or of your choice
- ¼ cup pine nuts/ or of your choice
- In a large pan ,heat up the oil and cook the onions for 2 minutes, now add in the garlic and sautee for additional one minute. Add in the squash and water . Cover and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- In the meantime , bring large pot of water to a boil . Add ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package instructions .
- Drain and keep aside.
- When the squash is tender and cool enough to handle, add the squash mixture to a blender/ food processor along with the milk. Puree the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan . Add in broccoli florets and sautee it for 1 minute.
- Add in the butternut squash puree ,salt , pepper to taste.
- Add in dried Italian herbs.
- Taste test and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Just before serving , toss in the pasta with the sauce .
- Top it with generous sprinkle of cheese , basil and nuts if desired.
Add chilli flakes if desired.
Use herbs and veggies of your choice.
If sauce feels thick, thin it out adding milk .
Use immersion blender to puree the squash mixture directly in the pan .
Barilla whole grain pasta recipes that you might be interested in –
Chilly garlic noodles – click here
Spaghetti Arrabbiata- click here
So are you ready to celebrate fall with this colorful veggie packed recipe? Hope you enjoy this comfort recipe as much as we do .I can’t wait to know your thoughts .Do drop me your feedback below.