This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WasteNoPaste #CollectiveBias
This versatile Skillet Ratatouille sauce pasta is my answer to a veggie loaded delicious meal for busy weeknights. It’s light on the tummy and takes less than 30 minutes from pan to the dinner table. It’s a family favorite chunky pasta sauce which is vegan and gluten-free too .
Why am I excited about this Ratatouille sauce
Well as you know Ratatouille is a vegetarian friendly French Provençal side dish made by roasting tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers with basil in the oven.
I am excited because this side dish gets a makeover in my kitchen promoting it from a side to the main event. It’s more versatile with robust flavors ideal enough to top it over your favorite pasta or cooked grains. Hence making it a complete meal for your entire family.
The best part of making this healthy Ratatouille sauce is that it comes together in less than 30 minutes without switching on your oven .
Sounds interesting , I want to know more.
This recipe is all about transforming a classic Ratatouille side dish into a main course by making it more sauce like with the right consistency, just the right amount of tomatoes and in a very short time. When you taste this sauce it feels like it has simmered for hours . But the fact is that it’s made under 30 minutes.
They key to obtain a perfect sauce in a very less time and with great flavors is by using tomato paste. But the problem with tomato paste is that you never use up the entire can in one go rather most of it remains unused and wasted. There are so many recipes that call for tomato paste but it’s not more than 2-3 tablespoon at a time. For every recipe called for tomato paste I would open a fresh can and use only a couple of tablespoons. What happens to the rest? It stays in the fridge untouched and forgotten and by the time I think of using it again it’s expired or gone bad. I must have wasted so many cans but not anymore. I am in love with these ingenious Hunt’s Recipe Ready “Pre-measure 2TBS” Paste Pouches. Did you notice I just said pouches and not cans. They are recipe ready, perfectly portioned for most of the recipes. A little goes a long way and I no longer have to worry about storing them for later. I like how convenient they are. Just snip , use and toss. So with every recipe I open up a new pouch and there is no more waste. I love the fact that Hunt’s tomato products are 100% natural and no artificial preservatives are involved . They are a staple in my pantry and my savior on hectic days.
Furthermore I have used Hunt’s fire roasted diced tomatoes to speed up the process and overall maximum flavor .
A simple mix of tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes , medley of veggies and herbs sums up this hearty sauce.
Vegan Skillet Ratatouille Sauce Pasta under 30 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoon cooking olive oil
- 1 Hunt's Recipe Ready "Pre-measure 2TBS" Paste Pouch
- 1 can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced yellow squash
- 2 cups diced eggplant/ brinjal
- 2 cloves minced garlic / 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme / ½ tablespoon dried thyme/ dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups or more water
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Salt to taste
- Couple of twists of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for drizzle optional
- Cook pasta according to the package , drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a broad heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- Once warm add in the onions and cook them for a minute.
- Now add in the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add in the bell peppers and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add in chopped fresh thyme, cayenne pepper , black pepper.
- Now add in the crushed roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, some salt and cook for a minute stirring occasionally.
- Add in the eggplant and coat well with the tomato mixture.
- Add in 2 cups of water ,cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Check if the eggplant is cooked through. It should be soft and plump when touched with the spoon.
- Add in zucchini and yellow squash . Cover and cook for additional 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Add ¼ cup or more water if needed to attain chunky sauce like consistency.
- Give a taste test and adjust salt or herbs if necessary.
- Serve warm over your choice of grain or pasta and drizzle some more olive oil on the top if desired.
Basil goes really well with this sauce.
This recipe can be doubled if desired.
Instead of pasta ,serve it warm over any cooked grain of your choice.
Not in the mood of pasta then top this sauce over Brown rice , Quinoa ,Barley , Farro or even Polenta.
For parties or potlucks you can mix up the pasta with the sauce , put it in a baking dish ,top it up with cheese and bake it. Viola a crowd pleasing baked pasta casserole is ready in minutes.
On my recent trip to Walmart I was delighted to find these Hunt’s Recipe Ready “Pre-measure 2TBS” Paste Pouches in the tomato sauce aisle besides other hunt’s products. There are 6 recipe ready Pre-measure 2TBS Paste Pouches in one box .Are you excited about these ingenious Hunt’s Recipe Ready “Pre-measure 2TBS” Paste Pouches. So what will be your favorite recipe using it. I want to know all about it. Do drop me your ideas in the comment section. For more recipes, inspirations and saving coupon click here.
Do share it with the world!
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVEYOURCRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.
Thanks for stopping by.