Everyone deserves to taste these Vegan tortilla Pinwheels | Tortilla roll ups . These bite size tortilla roll ups are creamy dreamy and packed with tons of flavor. Beware! No one can eat just one! . They are very addictive and are devoured in no time. Tortilla pinwheels is one of the most versatile and easy appetizer that fits casual as well as special occasion . I might have made them over a hundred times . No wonder my girlfriends call me the “Pinwheel Queen”.
I was introduced to this idea by a very good friend Sonal 10 years back at a get together and was hooked for life . Did I mention how easy it is to make these fancy looking appetizer! These Vegan tortilla Pinwheels | Tortilla roll ups can be customized to your taste . It is now my go to appetizer on the menu for almost all occasions .
This doesn’t mean that I repeat the same recipe again and again. The beauty of making tortilla roll ups is that it is very versatile. The filling is different every time I make (think cuisine wise) and the base i.e the tortillas remains unchanged .
You may make tortillas at home if you wish. There are so many colorful tortilla available at the grocery stores in great colors and flavors . Store bought tortillas indeed makes life easy when making this appetizer for a crowd.
You can use homemade rotis to make the rolls for your kids lunch or after school snack.
These tortilla roll ups are always a hit among kids as well as adults. Easy finger food that isn’t even messy while eating. You do not require extra plates to serve these. A fun pick me up food recipe indeed! These Vegan tortilla Pinwheels | Tortilla roll ups are budget friendly as well.
The recipe below makes approx 80 pieces under 20 minutes of preparation and under $12 which is a good deal when catering a crowd.
I recently made Italian tortilla roll ups with cream cheese as the base for a picnic at the park . And it was over in no time!!!
And made Greek version of tortilla roll ups for my sons birthday party with hummus as the base instead of cream cheese. Doesn’t it look very neat for any setting ?
So this time when I made it I thought of making a quick post and share this idea as well as this recipe with you guys in case you haven’t tried it yet! Your guests might think it’s very complicated and you have spent a lot of time making these attractive rolls . But it’s actually just mixing up the filling, spreading over the tortilla , rolling and cutting it.
It can be made ahead of time
Great pick me up appetizer for picnic, parties, potluck
Amazing game day addition
After school snack / lunch box
Can be made gluten free
Pin this for later!
Hope you like this recipe on Vegan tortilla Pinwheels | Tortilla roll ups and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. Love being here , don’t miss a single recipe- Subscribe now – it’s free and get every recipe in your inbox.Subscription box is on the home page and below every recipe post.If you have tried any of my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section or tag me @carveyourcraving on instagram.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Vegan Pinwheels | Tortilla roll ups
- 8 large tortillas 10 “ tortillas
For the filling.
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 cup bell peppers finely chopped
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley / basil chopped
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise with a beater or spoon until smooth paste like consistency.
- Now add in everything else that is mentioned for the filling.
- Give a taste test and adjust the condiments.
- Microwave the tortillas for 10 seconds to make it more pliable.
- Scoop some filling onto one tortilla at a time.
- Spread it evenly making sure to cover the edges too.
- Now roll the tortilla tightly .
- Repeat this process for all tortillas .
- Place them in a tray/ pan and cover it with cling wrap to avoid drying out once placed in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours before cutting. More is even better to let the rolls set.
- Take it out of the fridge and cut 1” pieces with a sharp knife.
- Arrange in desired platter / container.
- Place it back in the fridge covered with cling wrap until served.
- Serve chilled .
Happy cooking!Do share it with the world! Thanks for stopping by.
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVEYOURCRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.