Guysssss!!!!!!! you gotta try this four layer eggless mango cake . I am happy to share one of my favorite summer cake recipe with you today which is a dream of every mango lover. This moist and spongy mango cake is layered with homemade easy mango pudding for a great fruity punch and further layered with this creamy dreamy whipped cream cheese frosting.Moreover this mango cake recipe is egg free , has no butter or condensed milk .
It is made with simple ingredients that you will find in your kitchen. Make this cake with fresh mangoes when they are in season or canned mango pulp all year round.
The eggless mango cake recipe that I am sharing with you today tastes great on it’s own. But if you have some time on hand do make the mango pudding as well as the whipped cream cheese frosting . It won’t take much time to make these components. The moment you will take the very first bite of this four layered dreamy mango cake you will be happy that your effort was worth it!
I am not much of a icing fan. I love my cakes straight out of the oven. But this frosting is so so good and it complements the fruity taste from the mangoes perfectly. This whipped cream cheese frosting is a combination of cream cheese and whipping cream which makes this frosting lighter than the classic buttercream. What I like about this frosting is that it isn’t overly sweet. A perfect fruity cake for everyone to enjoy!
You might be thinking why am I posting cake recipes back to back. It’s mango season and I terribly miss mangoes from India 🙁 My instagram is filled with people flaunting a big bowl of alphonso mangoes or enjoying aam ras . These mango cravings got me to make this mango cake. I got a great response on my eggless tiramisu poke cake that I posted last week that is why I couldn’t wait to share this delicious cake recipe with you.
If you are interested in other eggless cake recipes make sure you have a look into my cakes and bakes section- link here.
I feel cream cheese pairs well with fruit based cakes. If you want to try other frostings then feel free to browse these delicious and easy frostings- link here.
Given below is a quick pictorial of assembling the cake . For more details on how to assemble layered cake refer to my Salted caramel death by chocolate cake for detailed explanation – link here.
I wanted to keep the frosting simple hence went for a rustic look. I have frosted the cake with some yellow and orange tinted whipped cream cream cheese frosting on the outside of the cake and topped it with two tone swirls. I have even added a quick mango rose in the center. Making this rose is so much fun plus you get to taste real slices of mangoes in your cake!
How to make a layered eggless mango cake ?
Simply bake the cake using below given recipe. Cool and level the cake . Fill in with desired filling and frosting. Or follow my whipped cream cream cheese frosting and mango pudding recipe.
Can I use other fruits instead of mangoes?
Yes . Fruits that would substitute mangoes well are apple , banana or strawberry puree.
Can I half or double this recipe ?
Yes , this recipe can be adjusted to required servings. Just make sure to use appropriate pan size.
Can I use canned mango pulp instead of fresh mango pulp to make this eggless cake?
Yes you can. Just reduce the amount of sugar as mentioned in the recipe notes.
Can I add in chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits to the cake ?
Yes you can add them .
How to store this eggless mango cake ?
Unfrosted cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days . If frosted then consume within 4 days.
How much does this eggless cake weigh?
Unfrosted cake weighs around 700 grams. With icing and decoration it is 1 kilo (kg) or more depending on the design. This cake is ideal for 1kg eggless cake recipe.
How to make eggless mango cake –
1 cup size = 240 ml.
(USA standard measuring cup size used )
Eggless mango cake
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour 217 grams
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch 10 grams
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or sour lemon juice
- 1/3 cup oil 68 ml
- ¼ cup granulated sugar* 47 grams
- 1 cup canned Mango Puree* 264 ml (see notes)
- ½ cup milk 116ml
- 3 tablespoon water to adjust batter consistency if it's thick
Eggless mango pudding
- ½ cup mango pulp
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cardamom optional
For frosting/ icing
- 1 entire recipe of sturdy whipping cream - cream cheese frosting
Mango rose garnish
- ½ mango peeled
- Pre heat the oven at 350 deg F/ 180 deg C
Preparing the pan
- Brush two 6” cake pans or one 8” cake pan with oil on the bottom and the circumference too. Now dust it with some flour to coat the pan.
- Cut and line the pans with parchment round at the bottom.
Preparing dry and liquid ingredients
- In a large bowl sift all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl place all liquid ingredients and sugar.
- Whip until the sugar granules are almost melted .
- Now pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whip until lump free.
- Do not overmix.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once done take it out of the oven carefully.
- Let the cake cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Now run a butter knife around the circumference of the cake to rlease it.
- Now invert the cakes on the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Loosely cover the cakes with a muslin cloth or kitchen towel to prevent drying out.
For the mango pudding
- While the cake is baking quickly blend or whisk the ingredients called for pudding together into a smooth paste. Add more sugar if the mixture isn't sweet.
- In a non stick pan cook the mixture on low heat stirring occasionally.
- Once the pudding mixture warms up stir continuously scrapping the sides and bottom to avoid sticking.
- The pudding is done when the mixture starts to thicken up and coats the back of the spoon well.
- Mango pudding should be done under 10 minutes start to finish.
- It will thicken more after cooling down.
Assembling the cake
- Refer to the pictorial given above.
- Slice the top of the cakes to level if there is a dome .
- Cut the cakes into half.
- Now spread some mango pudding over the first layer topping it with a layer of frosting.
- Repeat for all the layers while stacking them.
- You may tint the frosting with your choice of colors.
- Now frost on the top and the sides as desired.
- Peel and cut a mango into half . Cut thin slices . Arrange the slices in a circle starting at the center to form a rose.
- Fill the icing bag with dual color frosting and pipe swirls if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake at least 2 hours before eating.
Step by Step video of the recipe -
Hope you like this recipe on Eggless mango cake and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. Love being here , don’t miss a single recipe. Subscribe now – it’s free and get every recipe in your inbox. Subscription box is on the home page and below every recipe post.If you have tried any of my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section or tag me @carveyourcraving on instagram.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Happy cooking! Do share it with the world! Thanks for stopping by.