No bake eggless Ferrero Rocher mousse cake because the most decadent cakes have to be the simplest ones.
And this one my friend … wait for it … DRUMROLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolute no bake sinful treat made with handful of ingredients, to be precise 7 ingredients . It’s easy peasy beautifully delicious .
Anyone , and I mean anyone can make this cake. No oven, no fancy appliance needed at all . You can make it easily without a blender or a food processor too .
Can you feel my excitement !!!! I am so happy to share this recipe with you.
Plus it’s celebration time friends . Carve your craving completed one blissful year. Thank you all for being a part of my journey . Thank you for all the love , appreciation , requests , ideas , critique and comments which is constantly helping me to do better and better.
Right this time last year I stepped into the blogging world. I published my first recipe for the world to see and since then there was no turning back. I was such a rookie . Knew nothing how blogging works. All I knew was I can create and that creation needs to be shared with you. But I guess that was not enough when it comes to blogging. Recipe development is just a part of it . I had to concentrate on clicking great pictures , which btw was such a task and I sucked big time 🙁 I had to write more than a recipe .. mmmm not a good writer and not very expressive.
Blogging helped me enrich myself . It helped me discover the NEW me. I started working on my weaknesses . It was difficult to balance my private life with this new learning curve but stubborn me, I had to do it. And I felt so so good. I created my own blog without any physical help. Learnt few tricks of CSS reading books and lot of surfing online. It was like going back to school but more like self study. I felt so accomplished. I slowly started paying attention to food styling and photography as they are key elements to your recipe. Lol I still struggle taking good pictures but I am enjoying this learning phase . And handling the social media , don’t even get me started .. I am so bad at it .
I am lucky to be a part of beautiful blogger community and connecting with so many talented yet humble blogger friends virtually . I am so thankful to them for patiently answering my queries .. love ya all .
Please don’t get me emotional now , let’s go back to the recipe .
So why did I think of making a no bake eggless Ferrero Rocher mousse cake ?
A cake is a must for any celebration . So for this occasion I wanted to include my favorites in one recipe and keep it super simple.
So no ovens , no fancy appliances but insanely sinful and decadent cake . Something that each one of you can make. I had this idea forever which I really wanted to try, hence this no bake eggless Ferrero Rocher mousse cake.
Have you felt chocolate nirvana yet? You will after biting into this airy Ferrero Rocher mousse that will just melt in your mouth. It will just send you to trance mode , but I even have these luscious layer of rich chocolate and crunchy devilish layer of Oreos which will again bring you back to sanity . The entire package is filled with great sugar rush .
So if it is no bake then what is it made of ?
7 ingredients and 3 layers of ultimate goodness.
The bottom layer is a mix of Oreos , grounded hazelnuts and butter. If you don’t have hazelnuts just skip it.
The middle layer – the star , made up of chocolate plus nutella ( this screams ferrero flavors) plus heavy cream …… mmmm heaven !
The top layer was simple chocolate ganache – a last minute idea ,but I would say it just completes the ferrero rocher experience.
Look at this , I mean just look the picture below .. how airy yet firm it is.
Left the cake at room temperature for 5 hours at the kitchen counter away from direct sunlight and it was still in great shape 🙂
I love decorating my cakes with fresh flowers so chose this simple decoration which took me just 5 minutes.This took my cake to a next level altogether . I chose my favorite flowers – carnations and in my favorite color pink. Plus the awesome ferrero rocher , how can we skip that . Place as many as you like 🙂
Your loved ones will surely be impressed by your non baking skills 🙂 calls for a High five right !
Look at the pretty cake slice sitting decked up calling your name.
I wish you could take a bite , but I am sure you will definitely make it.
I have to admit testing out this idea was a bummer the first time . In the process of making my bowl of chocolate seized on me. I had use the best couverture chocolate – Callebaut . Chocolate seizes when it’s burnt or if it comes in contact with water or sudden temperature changes. And here I suspect the temperature change. I did a dumb mistake of adding more cream which was chilled to the melted chocolate while it was warm .I love working with chocolate and this is very first time it seized , I blame the excitement . Well lesson learnt now. The seized chocolate is still sitting in my fridge , I may experiment saving it and making buttercream or something, sigh!!
So after all the screaming and punching myself I started all over again , did not take much time though. Only loss of precious chocolate and one more extra bowl to wash up.
Please go through the post , recipe and tips carefully for assured success 🙂
Pin this for later!
No bake eggless ferrero rocher mousse cake
- For the bottom layer
- 147 grams standard size Oreos with cream inside – 10 pieces
- 20 grams hazelnuts* optional
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- For the middle layer
- 350 ml / 1.5 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 150 grams / ½ cup Nutella
- 6 oz / 205 grams / 1 cup approx. semi - sweet Baking/cooking chocolate chopped
- 75 ml / 1/4 cup cream more for melting chocolate
- 1 teaspoon corn flour / cornstarch
- For the top layer
- 4 oz/113 grams / 3/ 4cups approx. semi – sweet cooking/ baking chocolate / chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz / 75 ml heavy cream
- For decoration
- Ferrero Rocher’s
- Lightly grease a 6” spring form pan with butter/oil and dust it with flour, the way you prepare a pan for baking.
- For the bottom layer
- Crush the Oreos and hazelnuts in a food processor / mixer until sand like texture.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter over it and coat it until butter is well mixed.
- Put the mixture in the greased pan pressing it down firmly with a back of a spoon or base of a small bowl to level the mixture evenly .
- Place the pan in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill and set.
- For the middle layer
- Mix the 75 ml cream and the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave on 50 % power until smooth and without lumps. It takes around a minute . Stop and stir every 15 seconds.
- Alternately you can melt the chocolate with cream by using double boiler method.
- Once chocolate is melted and shinny keep aside to cool down a bit.
- Now in another microwave safe bowl melt the Nutella for 30 seconds to soften it up a bit . This will help loosen it and mix well later.
- Keep it aside to cool a bit.
- Now in a big bowl whip the 1.5 cups chilled cream until it starts to thicken. Now add in sifted corn flour .
- Continue whipping until a bit stiffer peaks. Be careful, do not overmix or it will turn into butter and become useless.
- By this time chocolate should be cool to touch .
- Now add a big spoonful of stiffened chilled cream to the chocolate bowl and fold in gently with a spoon until mixed well.
- This is done so that the chocolate doesn’t get a shock when mixed with the rest of the cream.
- Now add the cream mixed chocolate back to the chilled cream bowl.
- Give the Nutella bowl a vigorous 10 seconds mix with a spoon to loosen . Now add the Nutella to the chilled stiffened cream too .
- Gently fold the chocolate and Nutella in by a spoon / spatula using cut and fold method . We want the mousse to be fluffy and airy.
- Now take out the spring form pan from the fridge and gently spoon the mousse in it.
- You may lick the leftovers .
- Gently tap the pan on the kitchen counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Level the mousse with the back of the spoon or an offset spatula.
- Cover the pan with a cling wrap or a foil on the top .
- Place it back in the fridge to chill for atleast 6 hours or overninght .
- For top layer.
- For chocolate ganache, place the chocolate in a bowl.
- In another microwave safe bowl heat the cream until a simmer , not boiling . You may heat up the cream in a saucepan on stovetop too .
- Now pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Let it sit undisturbed for 10 seconds.
- Now slowly start stirring it until chocolate is melted and shinny.
- If chocolate is not completely melted you may re warm the mixture for few seconds.
- Let it be cool to touch.
- Now pour it over the set mousse and spread evenly.
- Place it back in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour and your ganache will be set.
- Now remove the pan from the fridge .
- With a sharp knife just loosen the edges of the pan in a circular motion, remember not to cut through the cake.
- Gently open up the springform pan by pulling the tab and unlocking it.
- Give the ring a wiggle and try to pull it up gently.
- You may garnish and serve right away or refrigerate covered for upto 5 days.
- For clean cake slices use a sharp knife to cut through the top layer, the mousse and the oreo layer.
- Insert a spatula under the oreo layer to pull it out.
The method might look elaborate but it is really very simplified .
Use non dairy cream like troplite or riche if you reside in India
Compound chocolate works well
Any chocolate with 56% or more cocoa will give rich results.
This recipe can be doubled or halved depending on your pan size .
Make sure your spring form pan is locked before you start the process.
You may use a cake board before placing the oreo layer to start with if you are carrying this cake out of the house.
If you do not have a mixer , you may crush the oreos putting it into a ziplock bag and with a rolling pin.
You may use a non electrical hand held balloon whisk to thicken the cream.
If I have missed anything, please drop me a query down in the comments if any.
Reader’s residing in India – Important UPDATE!
I have been getting many messages, whether or not you can use Amul cream. I haven’t personally tested the recipe with it.I have used heavy whipping cream here. But of what I know , amul cream has 25% fat only , which is really less for setting . May be you need to increase the amount of chocolate by 1/4 cup to set it and additional 1 tablepoon cornstarch. There is no harm in experimenting. But your best bet is rich or troplite non dairy whipped topping as mentioned in the notes.
And you can refer to the video link here for whipping Amul cream to workable peaks.
salted caramel death by chocolate cake .
Hope you give this no bake eggless Ferrero Rocher mousse cake a try . Any queries or feedback , please drop a comment below.
Do not miss a single recipe by subscribing to my blog and following me on my facebook pagecarveyourcraving . I would love to hear from you. If you have tried any of my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section and follow me onPinterest .
We are now on instagram too – follow me here.
Connect with me on twitter here .
Do share it with the world!
If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to carveyourcraving is a copyright violation. You can always link back to the website.
Thanks for stopping by.