Are you ready to make the Best eggless chocolate cake /cupcakes of your life. The one that has a soft crumb, very moist , melts in mouth and is ridiculously chocolaty and most importantly eggless and can be easily made vegan. It has no butter, no condensed milk or yogurt. This soft eggless cake and cupcakes are made from ingredients easily found at your home.
I would like to term it as NO FAIL RECIPE
not because it works for me always , it has been tried tested and loved by my family , friends and many other readers whom I have shared it with on a facebook group.
We all have nothing bad to say about it . I would call it as the PERFECT one.
Though I have certain set of favorite recipes that I like to follow for baking a chocolate cake , this one is the best of all .
I have made cakes and cupcakes using this recipe countless times and it has never failed me.
Absolutely forgiving recipe with couple substitute possibilities.
I am so happy to share this wonderful eggless chocolate cupcake recipe with you which can be used for baking a chocolate cake as well. It forms a perfect base for any kind of frosting, filling and occasion .
These moist chocolate cupcakes are made with ingredients available at home, no special buy’s . So its fuss free and there isn’t a single reason not to try it.
All you have to do is put dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl , then just quick whip everything together and bake .. that’s about it.
Egg does like a zillion things to the cake – it binds, leavens moistens
And here we are making an eggless cake .. don’t worry we can successfully achieve what an egg does without using it.
Let me brief you a bit about the ingredients used in this cake
I have used oil instead of butter – now please don’t raise your brows ,oil keeps the cake super moist as compared to butter . If you want the buttery taste you can always add butter essence .
No condensed milk used – You don’t have to make a special trip to the grocery store to buy condensed milk because you don’t need one – it is soft and rich without it too.
There is vinegar in this cake – Please don’t think I am crazy .. There is science behind using it. Vinegar reacts with the leavening agent here i.e baking soda and gives you the best fluffy soft end product .
We are using milk + vinegar to create buttemilk like texture and
If you don’t have vinegar – buttermilk/chaas works exactly the same way as vinegar.
And if you don’t have buttermilk use lemon juice.
So once again you don’t have a single reason not to make it.
No baking powder used – Don’t shut down your screen please. Trust me its not needed. Just blindly follow this recipe.
Do read the step by step instructions and notes carefully for perfect results.
Let the party begin!!
step by step method , recipe and tips follows
Pre heat your oven for 15 minutes, at least and line the cupcake pan with the liners.
- Sieve all dry ingredients from a height . Please don’t skip this step . Sifting makes baked good really airy.
2) sift your sugar as well .I use sugar with very small granules . If you are using big granulated sugar then dissolve it with the liquid first.
3) mix all liquids together. Always use Liquid measuring cup for liquids and dry measuring cups for dry ingredients.
4) dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ones in another
5) pour liquid to the dry ingredient bowl – give a quick stir 2 – 3 times then whip it no more than 30- 40 seconds until lump free and smooth.
6) taste test , please control yourself from slurping the delicious batter
7) Scoop the batter for neater and easy filling of cupcake liners.
9) bake it on the middle rack until done.
10) take it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 mins. Then transfer it to the cooling rack . If you dont have a cooling rack just take them out of the pan to cool further.
moist and yum
Best Eggless chocolate cake /cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups / 215 grams All purpose flour
- 1 cup / 214 grams Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup / 43 grams Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup / 240 ml Milk
- ½ cup / 118 ml Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar –
- Milk plus vinegar is nothing but buttermilk:) so if u don't have vinegar use sour buttermilk chaas 1 cup by replacing milk and vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
- Line the cupcake tray with cupcake liners. If using cake pan , line it with parchment circle.
- Sieve and Mix all dry ingredients (All purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) except sugar in a bowl. Always sieve from a height for tender crumb outcome
Now time for liquids
- Add vinegar to milk and let it stand for a minute .
- Add granulated sugar to milk and vinegar mixture and whip for 1 minute until the sugar is almost melted.
- Now add in oil . Whip the liquid ingredients until oil is completely blended well .
- Mix liquid in the dry ingredients - whip with a electric whipper or by a spatula or hand whip only till the batter is smooth and no lumps - don't over beat - very important.
- Mine is always ready within 30-40 seconds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 18-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of cupcake will come out with few dry crumbs .For cake it's 30-40 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Remove it from oven and after 5 minutes remove cupcakes on wire rack and let them cool completely before frosting.
- Please follow the given tips - for the best tender moist cupcakes
Milk plus vinegar is nothing but buttermilk:) so if u don't have vinegar use sour buttermilk ( chaas) 1 cup buttermilk in place of milk
As there may be difference in flour quality - if you think the batter is too thick add no more than 3 tablespoon water - 1 tablespoon at a time.
Use whipping attachment not beaters.
Can be stored at room temperature unfrosted upto 3 days in a air tight container.
1 week in the fridge .
3 months in the freezer.
Can be substituted with wheat flour with a slight variation in results of course.
reduce the amount of flour by 2 tbsp and mix as less as possible to avoid gluten development.
Can be made vegan too
Substitute regular milk for soy / almond / rice milk or even water .
substitute sugar -use raw sugar same quantity
don’t worry about the cracks on the top of the cupcakes , they will settle down by next day and the taste of chocolate is much deeper after 24 hours. If you plan to frost them the cracks wont be visible.
I made these cupcakes for my sons birthday too – the below is picture of the cupcakes i have baked using this recipe. They have a nice smooth top with deep rich chocolate color and taste. Baked 1 day prior to frosting.
then frosted it with assorted buttercream and toppings – the ice cream theme cake was inspired by – (my cakeschool.)
Follow same recipe
tin size to be used – two 6′” round or one 8″ round
bake for 28 -35 mins or untill the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes clean with few crumbs and not with batter.
check after 28 minute mark
Always dust and line your cake pans
cake with a perfect flat top
inverted on the cooling rack
The cupcakes are so delicious on their own that they do not require frosting. However choice is yours – dress them how ever you want . Just have fun with them.
I have piped the cupcake with ganache and added homemade modeling chocolate leaf . I will be making a fresh new post on frostings in coming weeks.
Hope you will definitely make it and do share pictures of your hard work as a message on my fb page or email me at carveyourcraving(at)gmail (dot) com so that I can feature it on my facebook page carveyourcraving under readers success .
if you like this post please rate it and drop in your feedback too.